9/11 – Five years on..

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom 9/11 – Five years on..

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kev667 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #32304 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

CNN has released details of their coverage: they’ll remember the fifth anniversary of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, with comprehensive coverage and anchors and correspondents positioned in New York, Washington, D.C., and around the world.

The network added that during its coverage, it will list all of the names of the nearly 3,000 people who died in the attacks, along with an ongoing timeline of events from that day.

American Morning will kick off CNN?s coverage from 6 a.m.-10 a.m. (EST), with Soledad O?Brien anchoring from New York and Miles O?Brien from Washington.

Paula Zahn Now will air live from Ground Zero in New York from 8 p.m.-9 p.m.

From 9 p.m.-10 p.m., Larry King Live, also originating in New York, will feature guests including New York Gov. George Pataki; one-dozen women left widowed by the attacks; Michael Hingson, a blind man whose guide dog, Roselle, navigated him down 78 flights of stairs to safety; and Greg and Lauren Manning, who chronicled her recovery from severe burns she suffered from the attacks.

Also, as previously announced, online-video service CNN Pipeline (http://www.cnn.com/pipeline) will stream CNN?s coverage of the terrorist attacks just as the network showed it five years ago, from 8:30 a.m.-midnight.

#32305 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

James Rubin will present a two hour special on Sky News this Sunday from 8pm in a programme called “9/11 a world that changed”

#32306 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

If anyone is interested BBC World has special programs this weekend on the channel. I have already seen Fall out the impact of 9/11 with David Shookman a year ago. It was a really good documentry. I don’t what other programs are on there this weekend. Just thought that I’d let anyone out there know who is interested in their coverage. And also on the 5th anniversary they are having reports through out the day.

#32307 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Can you get BBC World on Sky Digital because I can’t seem to find it?

#32308 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

Hi, Jonn0boy.
    I’m Canadian so I don’t have sky digital. I’m not sure if you’d be able to get it or not. Sorry.

#32309 Reply

Watsuchiru
    Participant

You can’t get BBC World in the UK…don’t know why, doesn’t are licence fee partially pay for it?

#32310 Reply

kev667
    Participant

Watsuchiru wrote:You can’t get BBC World in the UK…don’t know why, doesn’t are licence fee partially pay for it?

i pickup bbc world in uk with a ?70 satellite from lidl, point it at hotbird and a cheap digital sat receiver – sorted.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: 9/11 – Five years on..
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register