A new desk.

Forums Forums TV Newsroom A new desk.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  OperaGhost 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #33046 Reply

    OperaGhost
    Participant
    #33047 Reply

    OperaGhost
    Participant

    The Mezzanine at Sky appears to have gained a new [larger and triangular] desk….which Mark Longhurst described as “The Starship Enterprise.” earlier on Sunrise

    Does anyone else think it looks like a luminous Piano? [I don’t think it’s as luminous now as it was for the first hour of Sunrise though]

    #33048 Reply

    ginnyfan
    Participant

    It’s too big. It was better before.
    Image

    #33049 Reply

    OperaGhost
    Participant

    Mark Longhurst looks rather posy there :laugh:

    It looks better without the light.

    Is too big, but they can fit the laptop/notebooks and newspapers on it easier than before.

    Just as long as they don’t resort to a sofa…. :unsure:

    #33050 Reply

    Lone
    Participant

    OperaGhost wrote:Mark Longhurst looks rather posy there :laugh:

    It looks better without the light.

    Is too big, but they can fit the laptop/notebooks and newspapers on it easier than before.

    Just as long as they don’t resort to a sofa…. :unsure:

    According to my friend who’s into conspiracy theories, Sky in Hebrew is an abbreviation for ‘New World Order’. And apparantly the triangle is a symbol (or part of the symbol) of the sign for the new world mason’s, or something.

    Go figure :rolleyes:

    #33051 Reply

    guvnorgaz
    Participant

    Its like those 6ft snooker tables every kid wanted but you had nowhere to put one, you wedged it into a room and had about 4 in space around the table and had to play your shots with your cue up the wall, it looks stupid. why dont they use that area that Adam Boulton and Kay sometimes use when they interview people, its just an open area with 4 chairs and a big plasma on the wall?

    #33052 Reply

    classeyham
    Participant

    guvnorgaz wrote:Its like those 6ft snooker tables every kid wanted but you had nowhere to put one, you wedged it into a room and had about 4 in space around the table and had to play your shots with your cue up the wall, it looks stupid. why dont they use that area that Adam Boulton and Kay sometimes use when they interview people, its just an open area with 4 chairs and a big plasma on the wall?

    It was very funny, Guvnorgaz….. :biggrin: Friendly classey…..

    #33053 Reply

    Lone
    Participant

    guvnorgaz wrote:Its like those 6ft snooker tables every kid wanted but you had nowhere to put one, you wedged it into a room and had about 4 in space around the table and had to play your shots with your cue up the wall, it looks stupid. why dont they use that area that Adam Boulton and Kay sometimes use when they interview people, its just an open area with 4 chairs and a big plasma on the wall?

    LOL. The snooker table I had when I was a kid was so wobbly you couldn’t even lean on it for fear of it collapsing.

    With regards to the table Sky are using, I think their top chiefs are convinced that tinkering with the visual environment and format of the studio is the key to winning more ratings. Hence the various changes we see often.

    #33054 Reply

    vicky23
    Participant

    It looks like a school whiteboard…awful

    #33055 Reply

    guvnorgaz
    Participant

    Its just that the area its in looks so cramped,its all table with just a small space round the edges

    #33056 Reply

    classeyham
    Participant

    ginnyfan wrote:It’s too big. It was better before.
    Image

    Hi Ginnyfan – Of course it was better before, or listen to Guvnorzaz idea…..”That was great”…. ….
    But thanks anyway for the foto. Samantha Simmonds looks better than last weeks overnights, Mark Lunghurst is always for me, the “The Noble Guy” and Charlie Thomas is a real good sports reporter.
    Have a nice day with SN. ….Friendly classey…… :rolleyes:

    #33057 Reply

    ginnyfan
    Participant

    Now when you look at this pic it doesn’t look all that bad.
    Image

    #33058 Reply

    Lone
    Participant

    It looks as though if they lean back too much they’ll fall off the edge

    #33059 Reply

    guvnorgaz
    Participant

    They do dont they? So much desk,to little room, they are all perched on the edge, and if Helen,Emma or Lorna wear skirts, theres no leg on show!

    #33060 Reply

    OperaGhost
    Participant

    guvnorgaz wrote: They do dont they? So much desk,to little room, they are all perched on the edge, and if Helen,Emma or Lorna wear skirts, theres no leg on show!

    Actually thats not true, because on the long shot this morning you could see Emma’s leg when she moved [I think Steve’s arm was in the way a lot], although I can understand why the male members of the forum are unhappy :laugh:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: A new desk.
Your information: