Adam Boulton Promo'

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Adam Boulton Promo'

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  eagleeye 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

rob237
    Participant
    #23397 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Suggest the ‘Adam Boulton is brilliant’ insert, which is presently being shown ad nauseum, does not do the lad any favours.

Complete with his assertion thar he is a “major personality”, his rolling white eyes, and the wearing of his strange hat – whilst being beseiged by his fan club – rather demeans the valuable work that he does for the channel.

#23398 Reply

soxman
    Participant

I agree the promo is a bit crap.

With regard to the hat and the fan club, however, those scenes were shot at a Boston sports bar as the Red Sox progressed through the playoffs and eventually won the World Series. This coincided with the Democratc Party’s convention in the city which AB was covering.

As an aside my missus has a rather apt nickname for old Adam – MR SMIRKY

#23399 Reply

hamishnewhouse
    Participant

I also find it fairly fake the way the ad has Blair saying

“I always look forward to Adam’s questions”

As if any politician actually looks forward to being fired questions by the press. If Blair actually looks forward to Adam’s qustions, i would suggest that they are not effective at probing issuses. I do not think this is the case, so I see no reason for putting that quote in the ad.

Call me nit-picky?!?

#23400 Reply

Steven
    Participant

hamishnewhouse+Feb 4 2005, 01:38 PM–>(hamishnewhouse @ Feb 4 2005, 01:38 PM)

Call me nit-picky?!?

Not so much ‘nit-picky’ as failing to feel irony and sarcasm.

#23401 Reply

sammy
    Participant

stop talking about adams hat ….it might go to his head ! i remember him on tvam 30 years ago and hes been mumblin ever since. but we all love him , …someone has too !

#23402 Reply

Seamus
    Participant

The only redeeming feature of this slightly nausiating promo is that it is the only piece you will ever hear featuring this protagonist without an ‘ehh..’ or an ‘umm..’ framing every five words. He badly needs some delivery work….and a gym membership……

#23403 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Oh erm… come one, err… its not easy to ummm, think on your feet all the time. As for gym membership, I’d say you could give them out to almost every male journalist on television. Thought it was very revealing when during the tsunami coverage you saw them without jackets on.

#23404 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

err, some are, ummmm more revealing than others

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Adam Boulton Promo'
Your information: