adrian finnighan

Forums Forums TV Newsroom adrian finnighan

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bbc World Fan 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

carlyna
    Participant
    #28500 Reply

carlyna
    Participant

Hello. I am new on the scene.

I noticed that many of you Brits,keep lamenting the resignation of Philip Hayton – a total mystery to us here on this side of the pond.
    I am surprised that thus far not a word has been written about the imminent move of a stellar presenter- Adrian Finnighan- to CNN , & lucky for you, the one based in London. In my opinion, he`s been one of the best of the best ranking together with such luminaries as L. Doucet, M. Embley, M. Husain, D. Eades,D. Jessel, N. Pillai, & Z. Badawi.
    Those have been the ones that made it worthwhile for us to turn on the BBC news & hope to see,benefit & enjoy their dynamic & vibrant news presentation.
    I hope that the CNN – London – will be kind enough to also air Adrian`s prorams in America.
    Why should you Brits get all the breaks?

#28501 Reply

Lee Smith
    Participant

Anything else you would like to moan about whilst you are here?

#28502 Reply

Damian
    Participant

And what is he moaning about?

#28503 Reply

Lee Smith
    Participant

skynews2003+Dec 28 2005, 03:53 PM–>(skynews2003 @ Dec 28 2005, 03:53 PM)
    And what is he moaning about?

It’s a female.

Read it.

/End

#28504 Reply

gsf
    Participant

Oh give carlyna a break. Adrian Finnighan is one of the better presenters on BBC World. He was also the voice of the station on all their continuity announcements. There are a few threads on his departure over on another message board. Seems to be the general opinion that he will much missed by BBC World viewers.

#28505 Reply

Damian
    Participant

As Adrian Finighan is my favourite news presenter, I do find it sad that he is leaving for CNNi, He was what made BBC World more watchable, he was warm and friendly.

And he still is the voice of BBC World.

#28506 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

I’ve been a huge fan of Adrian’s since I first saw him on CBC newsworld. I live in Canada and have BBC world, and just so you know I’m femal. I’m really sad to see him go. He is so good looking. He always made me laugh if I was having a bad day. I don’t get CNNI on Satellite. I have the American one and I don’t even watch it. I hope one day that I’ll be able to get the channel.
    I hope that you do well Ade. I wish you all the best at your new job.
    Three cheers for a wonderful guy.

#28507 Reply

akosicarlos
    Participant

:ph34r:
    hi to all! i am new here. i am also saddened by adrian finnighan’s move to cnn. i was really shocked when, while scanning the channels, i heard his voice when i passed the ccn channel. i have always admired bbc presenters, especially that for us here in the philippines, the bbc presents global news objectively and with no sensationalization. my wife and i always prefer to watch bbc over the other big-name cable news networks.

by the way, i wonder what has happened to ragi omar? has he left bbc?

#28508 Reply

Damian
    Participant

I’ve actually wondered about Ragi Omar too, I remember him lots when I first started occasionally watching BBC World, and then he just sorta disappeared..

And as for Adrian, its sad, But I here that he is already presenting on CNN.

#28509 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

Hi. I have a quick question.
    Does anyone know what time Adrian comes on? I live over in Canada, and I’m trying to find away to watch him through the internet. I’m really confussed by it. It says that I have to pay to use it, and there is no instructions maybe someone out there knows how to go about this.
    I’m a huge fan, and I’d like to be able to watch him again.
    What is his new show called? :huh:

#28510 Reply

akosicarlos
    Participant

i think adrian is doing a business news program for cnn.

#28511 Reply

gsf
    Participant

I saw him on CNNI tonight. He seems to have settled in well. He seems very comfortable & natural. He did a very good interview on the potential impact of bird flu on businesses and how up to 25% of a company’s employees could be off work at any one time if worst case happens.

#28512 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

Do you know what time? I live in canada and I’m trying to find away for me to watch him. I thought that he was doing the news, and not business.
    Can you let me know either on here, or at my e-mail address?
    Thanks.

#28513 Reply

akosicarlos
    Participant

hi there. saw him again, and it was definitely business news (market shares) he was reporting on.

#28514 Reply

Damian
    Participant

I tuned into the Business programmes when I could today, but didn’t see him saddly

#28515 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

I was looking on the American one hoping to see him, and sadly they didn’t show him. I wonder if Cnni will be coming on my Canadian dish? Someone in the states that has Bell said that it’s coming. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
    I went to the Pipe line but it only airs the American one, am I wrong?
    I would love to see Ade again. That’s my nick name for him. He is just so wonderful. And very charming.
    I hear that Peter Coe is coming back on world. I hope it’s true.

#28516 Reply

akosicarlos
    Participant

saw him again, though it was just a short report (and, yes, it’s business news). he looks uncomfortable doing it; or maybe he’s just not used to the format or method cnni employs. he keeps looking at his papers, or at his laptop. he spends more than half the time doing it than facing the camera. the way bbc presents news (business or not) is different from cnni’s system.

#28517 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

I just found a way to watch him. I was over at the pipe line, and it said that in order for me to access it, I need to have a credit card. I can’t wait to see Adrian again. My friend is lucky that he already started watching him through the internet. I sort of knew that I could access it. I guess that the channel is on cable and not satellite yet.

#28518 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

I was just over at Pipe Line looking for Adrian on their news through the internet. It’s a free day over there, and to my amazement their not broadcasting anything from CNNI. I am so dissapointed. Hopefully Bell Express view will be getting the channel. Also Aljazeera is suppost to be coming as well. Teymoor Nabili startes the 2nd week of March. I’ll be watching BBC world still. And hopefully these other channels as well. Pipe line is money hungry. They’ll say anything to get viewers.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: adrian finnighan
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register