Air France plane on fire in Toronto

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Air France plane on fire in Toronto

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NEWSBOY2 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #26235 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

A Air France airplane that tried to land in a Toronto airport as caught on fire. Reports are saying that the plane skidded off the runway.

#26236 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Juliette and Colin covering this professionally using sources with any breaking news here. The AP agency along with a string of aviation pundits and FOX all working well.

There are still fireballs on the craft at Lester B Pearson International on the north western suburbs of Toronto near Highway 401 and the MacDonald Cartier Expressway. A totally landlocked airport. The moat may have saved a catastrophy here.

Fatalities and injuries as yet unconfirmed.

#26237 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Oh please – you survive a plane crashing – do an interview and the FOX journalist says

WELCOME TO CANADA

Ha de ha ha – not!!

The weather conditions appear to have deteriorated since I tuned in an hour ago. The rain is chucking it down and the wind is very strong. I was in a plane when lightening struck the wing when I travelled home to Manchester. Scarey!!!

#26238 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Press conference…

14 injured in Air France crash – overshot runway 200 metres at the south western parrallel runway of the airport. NO DEATHS according to airport spokesman.

Official – fire broke out AFTER passengers evacuated craft. However, Olivier Dubios the passenger interviewed by FOX says that while hurtling down the runway flames from the aeroplane COULD be seen.

Latest pics – show front nose section of craft can be identified.

#26239 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Yes, It seems everyone is OK, which is great news.
    We are now getting a live link from CBC. It would seem that the fire has now been put out.

The ‘Welcome to Canada’ comment was pretty disgusting.

Sky’s now gone for an advert, first one since 9:30 i believe.

#26240 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Fierce flames from tail in latest pics. Fire crews have managed to ‘contain’ fire according to spokesman, Terminal building interviews now screened. Closer cam shots of screen.

#26241 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

FOX comments are hardly that disgusting (American news is always being tactless) Sky really need to push themselves to have it broadcast in America. I was forced to watch FOX as CNN and MSNBC are just hopeless these days, CNN at one point was having add breaks every 4 minutes, and for a news channel that made its name for breaking news hardly seems to break anything these days.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Air France plane on fire in Toronto
Your information: