Anorman/woman

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Anorman/woman

This topic contains 55 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Steven 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Mr Byrne
    Participant
    #20052 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Sorry to start a new thread, I don’t know if I’m allowed to, being a new person to this great place.

I was just proposing that we figure out who are the most popular news readers, man and woman, in our opinion.

Could we start two polls with a list of all the male presenters and another with all the female presenters and vote on it?

#20053 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Damn it!! – I made a typo in the title of this topic, I’m used to typos in messages but never titles, thats embarrasing. Johnie, could you fix that please

#20054 Reply

charliefhead
    Participant

I am going to be really awkward.

I really like: Lorna Dunkley and Lisa Aziz
    I also like : Emma Crosby and Julie Etchingham

I really dislike: Kay Burley

The men: Erm…Adam Bolton

#20055 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well I mean anchor people.

I can do the work of gathering the names together for polls, am I allowed to do that?

#20056 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Best females: Juliette Foster and Julie Etchingham
    Best males: Chris Roberts and Jeremy Thompson
    Best weather: Lisa Burke
    Best sports presenter: Jacqui Beltrao
    Best overnight presenter: Karin Giannone

#20057 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

yeh, I want to set tp polls.

#20058 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Mr Byrne+Nov 4 2004, 08:28 PM–>(Mr Byrne @ Nov 4 2004, 08:28 PM)
    yeh, I want to set tp polls.

If you look above the top of this thread you’ll see new poll mentioned. Press that if you wish to start a new poll.

#20059 Reply

Alloneword
    Participant

charliefhead+Nov 4 2004, 05:16 PM–>(charliefhead @ Nov 4 2004, 05:16 PM)
    I really dislike: Kay Burley

I Love Kay Burley

#20060 Reply

charliefhead
    Participant

Kay for me is someone who MOST definately thinks she is far bigger than any news item….just awful.

#20061 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

My favourite anchorwomen are:

Juliette Foster
    Anjali Rao

The anchormen that I think are best at presenting the news are:

Alan King
    Chris Roberts

… is that a very strange choice?

How about people I HATE:

Only one: Steve Dixon.

#20062 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Why do you hate Steve?
    I really dislike Kay.

#20063 Reply

Hullo
    Participant

I thought I got all this out of my system during the Big Brother voting a few weeks ago… I think Emma is embarrassingly awful (how many times an hour does she say “I should say” after a fluff?) and Kay is smarmy, pompous and too full of herself. The sooner Sky gets rid of both the better. Otherwise, Julie is certainly the best of the women, although all the others have something engaging about them. There’s a feeling of complicity with Viv, of familiarity with Lorna and of chumminness with Anna. Sheila is also very pro. Anjali is starting to look at home in two-person presenting (but Juliet Errington is out of her depth – go back to off-beat reporting – and Juliette Foster is great from the City but not as assured when dealing with political and world affairs stuff).

Among the men, I don’t have any pet hates – I don’t enjoy watching Allan, Steve and Chris quite as much as some of the others, but they are not in negative territory. Martin annoys me sometimes because his slot is too full of formulas (it’s 10.23 so it’s time to do a 3-shot with the sports presenter…). I like Greg – good voice, sounds authoritative. And spare a thought for Mark – nobody ever seems to praise him in this forum. Poor bloke has to share his slot with Kay, which can’t be easy, and he turns in a confident, reliable performance time and again. Seems like Mr Nice Guy. But the champion? There’s only one Jeremy Thompson (as Emma would probably read “there’s only one: Jeremy Thompson”). Mr Pro. Brilliant. When he’s on, however mad the news is, the world’s a saner place.

In other departments, star turns for me include David Chater, of course, Rachel Ammatt (who will be sorely missed), amazingly good at synthesizing complex stuff fast, Martin Brunt and Adam Boulton (in spite of his dodgy taste in ties). Best studio sports person is easily Jacqui Beltrao and best weather person is Lisa Burke (I used to like Nikki Fox – I think that was her surname – who left to have a baby a year or so ago. Hope she comes back.) A word of praise, finally, for Francis Tusa, who is another person with the gift of making complex material clear.

#20064 Reply

Hullo
    Participant

Oops, I missed somebody out of my pantheon: the one, the only, Keith Graves. Someone whose opinion I ALWAYS want to hear, whether I agree with it (USA) or sometimes take issue with it (Middle East). Does anyone know what he gets up to in between his stints on Sky?

#20065 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I think Juliette Foster can deal with foreign affairs.

I think Alan King is very clear and is a good interviewer.

I have to agree with you about Jeremy Thompson. But him down instead of Chriss Roberts on my list.

But I’ll stick with Anjali, she has a sexy voice and doesn’t make mistakes.

I agree with you sabout Emma, but I do like her.

#20066 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I think Jeremy Thompson is good. Mark Longhurst and Chris Roberts are also good. I dislike Martin Stanford, though I did like him in Technofile.

The following female presenters are my favourite; Julie Etchingham, Juliette Foster, Lorna Dunkly, AnJali Rao, Lisa Aziz and Viv Creeger. (Not many then)

Best sport: Jacqui Beltrao, or Kirsty Gallacher when she was a sport presenter. I also like Alec Wilkinson.

#20067 Reply

Newsrat
    Participant

Mmmmm

Simon McCoy :wub: B)

#20068 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Simon McCoy? But he’s history. Do you like him? He was good on Sunrise when he presented it with Kay, and even Julie.

#20069 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I liked Simon McCoy too, whatever hapened to him.

#20070 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Someone has edited my earlier post, how odd. :angry:

#20071 Reply

Newsrat
    Participant

Mr Byrne+Nov 7 2004, 11:33 AM–>(Mr Byrne @ Nov 7 2004, 11:33 AM)
    I liked Simon McCoy too, whatever hapened to him.

Sadly he absconded to BBC much to the dismay of Skynews viewers worldwide. How we miss the debates we used to have at Simon’s expense in this forum B)

#20072 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well I thought he was a great presenter during the war when he was in Kuwait (if I’m talking about the right person).

#20073 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Simon is one of the best presenters on UK television, the only sad thing his hardly ever on, he’s on the BBC now and again, thats it..

I really do miss Simon from Sky… Maybe one day he’ll pop back for all our European and worldwide viewers..

#20074 Reply

Easty
    Participant

Best females: Juliette Foster, Julie Etchingham and Emma Crosby.
    Best males: Martin Stadnfrod and Jeremy Thompson
    Best weather: Lisa Burke
    Best sports presenter: Jacqui Beltrao
    Best overnight presenter: Juliet Errington

#20075 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Simon was one of Sky’s better male presenters, he is under utilised at the BBC and Sky have still not found an adequate replacement. Him and Kay had a good on-screen chemistry.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)
Reply To: Anorman/woman
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register