another hectoring Burley interview…

Forums Forums TV Newsroom another hectoring Burley interview…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stevo 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jk80
    Participant
    #29472 Reply

jk80
    Participant

Did anybody catch the interview KB did just after midday? It makes me so mad to watch I had to turn over, then turn back to see what happened next!

I don’t know if she feels she is Jeremy Paxman or something, but there is a fine line between being tough and being harsh and unfair. There were clearly private things the guest did not want to talk about, and yet she was subjected to a lecture about how you can’t do an interview unless you’re fully prepared to spill the beans on private conversations.

I’ve noticed a particular line that comes up often, along the lines of “I didn’t ask you that, I asked you this”, which I am sure puts people’s backs up and I find quite annoying just to watch. Repeating the question in a more antagonistic way does not make it any more likey that you’re going to get an answer, it makes it less likely, and is no substitute for more subtle, probing questions.

I am amazed at how the guests do not just walk off sometimes.
    Just my view, I am sure she has her fans.

#29473 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

jk80 wrote:Did anybody catch the interview KB did just after midday? It makes me so mad to watch I had to turn over, then turn back to see what happened next!

I don’t know if she feels she is Jeremy Paxman or something, but there is a fine line between being tough and being harsh and unfair. There were clearly private things the guest did not want to talk about, and yet she was subjected to a lecture about how you can’t do an interview unless you’re fully prepared to spill the beans on private conversations.

I’ve noticed a particular line that comes up often, along the lines of “I didn’t ask you that, I asked you this”, which I am sure puts people’s backs up and I find quite annoying just to watch. Repeating the question in a more antagonistic way does not make it any more likey that you’re going to get an answer, it makes it less likely, and is no substitute for more subtle, probing questions.

I am amazed at how the guests do not just walk off sometimes.
    Just my view, I am sure she has her fans.

You are not alone with this view! I think she is lucky she doesn’t get lamped by someone.

#29474 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

You are not alone with this view! I think she is lucky she doesn’t get lamped by someone.

I could be unkind and say she did, his name was Frank Partridge! But that would just be mischievous of me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: another hectoring Burley interview…
Your information: