Antarctica

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Antarctica

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HBox 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rob237
    Participant
    #22637 Reply

rob237
    Participant

This week’s short items on Antartica by Michelle Clifford, which were put together into a 30 minute report last night, have been thoroughly enjoyable.

She has sailed on the British Antartic Survey’s icebreaker vessel RSS James Clark Ross from Port Stanley to the Antarctic, via South Georgia, filming items with numerous onboard scientists relating to their demanding work.

Exceedingly well produced segments, which edited together into an outstanding 30 minute documentuary.
    To be pedantic, perhaps the only omission was a feature on ‘onboard life’ aboard the vessel.

This type of occasional mini series are an outstanding feature of Sky News output.

For those who share my interest in Antarctic matters, see the fascinating BAS website.

http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/

#22638 Reply

dotdotuk
    Participant

Totally agree Rob.

The reports have been fantastic.

Bring back Technophile etc!!

#22639 Reply

HBox
    Participant

dotdotuk+Jan 16 2005, 06:10 PM–>(dotdotuk @ Jan 16 2005, 06:10 PM)
    Totally agree Rob.

The reports have been fantastic.

Bring back Technophile etc!!

“Technofile” perhaps?
    Yes I also agree, they should bring it back, but that is for another discussion.

#22640 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Quite agree, the programme was very interesting……although I havn’t watched it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Antarctica
Your information: