Ashish Joshi

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Ashish Joshi

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

gillw
    Participant
    #22102 Reply

gillw
    Participant

Anyone know anything about Ashish? What is his nationality?

#22103 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

he does resemble my best friend during my primary school days in London. i left London when i was 10 yo & returned briefly at the age of 16, i bumped into Ashish on cricklewood broadway in London in 1982, only spoke to him for a few minutes though, so it’s been about 22 years since i’ve seen him, if it is the same Ashish, i believe he was born in Kenya to Indian parents.

Andy

ps. since seing him on Sky news here in Australia, i too have been trying to find out more about him, (if he is my old friend). i must say he’s doing a great job in Sri Lanka, he’s great in front of the camera too.

#22104 Reply

gillw
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I agree he has sent back some first class packages from the Tsunami affected region and in my opinion he is a huge asset to Sky News and I hope they hang onto him.

I have had a quick look on the net for any info, but can’t find any.

#22105 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Ashish has been a real bright spark in an otherwise dismal situation. He pronounces names and places correctly, he shows respect for those he speaks to and he conveys exactly what is going on. He brings us news with the pathos and understanding that it needs and I believe he is a real find for the Sky News Team. Where did they get him from ? and what is his background ? – he’s obviously been in front of a camera before and is a real natural. There are a great many of us who look forward to his slot to find out what his take on the plight of real people is. From the people I have spoken to, many of them have given so freely to the appeals as a direct result of his reports. His humanity really does come through and he certainly draws the viewers in to what harsh realities are being suffered by the people affected by the disaster.

WELL DONE SKY !!

#22106 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

hi all,

found this article on Ashish, thought you might be interested

http://www.asiansinmedia.org/news/article.php/television/504

Andy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Ashish Joshi
Your information: