Bad choice of graphics?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Bad choice of graphics?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jonn0boy 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

expression
    Participant
    #32143 Reply

expression
    Participant

Howdy all. newbie here. Hope you’re all well.

This is a real minor gripe about sky news. A channel which i’ve grown very fond of over the years.

On the whole i love their graphics. Informative and helpful. Although since buying a plasma TV i’ve found the white band at the bottome with “SKY NEWS” and the clock in it to be very annoying.

Plasma TVs suffer from “burn in” where bright colours, especially white can leave a kind of mark on the screen for a while (usually less than an hour). This happens quite a bit when the bright image isn’t moving, just like the white box!!

So if i watch the news at lunch time i’ll often find SKY NEWS has been burnt into the screen or rather the white box surrounding it has.

You’d think a lot of Sky news workers would own plasma TVs these days. I’m surprised they chose to use white, they must have know this would happen. Maybe they consider it free advertising after you’ve changed channels! hehe.

I wish they didn’t have the “for more visit sky.com/news” at the top of the screen all the time too. Kinda messes up their otherwise tidy graphics.

Gripe over. :blush:

Nice to meet you all!

#32144 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Welcome to the forums expression.

#32145 Reply

expression
    Participant

Cheers for the welcome.

Don’t worry i don’t moan about things all the time

Good to see Julie back on Sky News. How long has she been back? I don’t often watch much daytime Sky News. Only did today because of the Blair statement.

#32146 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Only a day or two.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Bad choice of graphics?
Your information: