Becky Mantin

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Becky Mantin

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Glenn 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Martin Phillp
    Participant
    #17949 Reply

Martin Phillp
    Participant

Is she now Jo Rice’s replacement?

#17950 Reply

sparra
    Participant

It was published in the Eastern Daily Press Saturday magazine that she was only doing a few temporary replacements for Sky on Saturdays and she has no plans to join Sky full time.

#17951 Reply

JamesH
    Participant

She is doing this morning’s forecasts on the ITV News Channel.

#17952 Reply

Martin Phillp
    Participant

James+Aug 4 2004, 10:00 AM–>(James @ Aug 4 2004, 10:00 AM)

She has joined the ITV National weather team and will be presenting every Tuesday.

#17953 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Martin Phillp+Aug 6 2004, 05:52 PM–>(Martin Phillp @ Aug 6 2004, 05:52 PM)

She has joined the ITV National weather team and will be presenting every Tuesday.

She was on London Tonight, Tonight

#17954 Reply

Martin Phillp
    Participant

Johnnie+Aug 9 2004, 08:12 PM–>(Johnnie @ Aug 9 2004, 08:12 PM)

Martin Phillp+Aug 6 2004, 05:52 PM–>(Martin Phillp @ Aug 6 2004, 05:52 PM)

She was on London Tonight, Tonight

Indeed, think it’s the first time London didn’t use the main network forecaster, who was Martyn Davies on Monday.

#17955 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

London Tonight usually has Chrissie Reidy during the week, and Robin Lermitte (I think?) at the weekends.

It’s great to hear that Becky’s back on the weather. I know that she’s been presenting for This Morning on ITV1 but I was wondering about her weather career. Glad things are a bit clearer now.

#17956 Reply

Martin Phillp
    Participant

Glenn+Aug 22 2005, 08:53 PM–>(Glenn @ Aug 22 2005, 08:53 PM)
    London Tonight usually has Chrissie Reidy during the week, and Robin Lermitte (I think?) at the weekends.

It’s great to hear that Becky’s back on the weather. I know that she’s been presenting for This Morning on ITV1 but I was wondering about her weather career. Glad things are a bit clearer now.

They also have Manali Lukha rotating with Robin at weekends.

#17957 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

Has anyone seen Ms Mantin recently on the weather? I haven’t seen her for at least a couple of weeks. :unsure:

#17958 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

Don’t worry, she’s out in Australia reporting on “I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Outta Here!” for This Morning. I’m pleased to see that she’s doing other things, but at the same time I feel sorry for Martyn & S?an at the ITV Weather Centre. They need to get another presenter at least when Becky’s off doing her other pieces.

#17959 Reply

Martin Phillp
    Participant

Jo Blythe once did a week when the other 3 presenters were off. Maybe Becky will get a permanant gig on This Morning so Jo can replace her.

#17960 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

I think ITV do need a fourth permanent National presenter. The only actual National Weather exclusive presenter is Si?n as Martyn Davies does Meridian, and Becky does other TV work. As much as I like Jo Blythe, I don’t know if she’d want to move down South. Chrissie Reidy was a good national presenter and she’s based in London already. Robin Lermitte was good too, but I think two men, two women is the best idea, plus RL does Meridian and London weather mainly nowadays. I think either bring Chrissie back or allow Jo to work the national, but perhaps once a week from YTV in Leeds. They need to do some organisation because they can’t simply rely on just Martyn and Si?n when Becky’s not available.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Becky Mantin
Your information: