Best female newsreader

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Best female newsreader

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  icurite 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

drew01
    Participant
    #24910 Reply

drew01
    Participant

I’ve just started watching Sky much more often .. have always had it through foxtel but never took much of a look. It is better than free-to-air as you can always be up to date.

My question is – who do you think is the best female presenter? I have narrowed it down, very easily, to Suzanne Latimore or Sharon McKenzie. Another question – how old do you think both are, as a educated guess? I’d say SL is about 28/29? And for SM probably about 35-40.

Suzanne is amazing. Not only is she totally gorgeous, but she presents in such a genuine, endearing way – whilst being totally professional. She seems like a really warm and sincere person – who no doubt would be absolutely lovely in “real-life”. She is confident but not confronting too, which adds to the appeal. You can watch her present stories over and over and not tire of it – just the empathy that comes across is really nice. Plus, did I say she’s beautiful?!!

Sharon is also very professional. She too, I have to say – is a gorgeous woman. Her personality that comes across is also warm and genuine, maybe not as ‘connecting’ as Suzannes. She also conveys the news very well, and is not in any way annoying.

Both of them are by far the best female news readers of any network here in Australia. Not only looks wise, but just as an all round package. Beat all the ones on Nine, Seven, 2, 10 hands down.

Let me know what you think!

Andrew

#24911 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Out of the two I’d go with Suzanne. Paired with John Mangos shes great (not as good with Leigh Hatcher). If you have every watched the 12 am news with John and Suzanne they almost always crack up before the weather making it an impossible task! John is personality plus and I think that rubs off on Suzanne. As for whos pretty… dont judge by looks…they can be deciving.

#24912 Reply

drew01
    Participant

Yeh no I didnt mean the looks thing to sound like that – they are both beautiful, but its defninently more about personality I was referring to. Looks always come into it – but if say Suzanne looked the same but had no personality, then she wouldnt be good at all. I think its her personality that comes through thats really nice – and yeh when she jokes with John it really lights up the screen. Just feel theres this real ‘genuineness’ about her.

#24913 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Definately one of those 2 – They’re both great! I also like Vanessa Trezise!
    Jacinta Tynan is alright, but I dont think she is as good as ABC Asia Pacific played her up to be, she does stumble alot.

#24914 Reply

icurite
    Participant

I think the New Zealander, Nicole Webb, is an excellent newsreader.

She does Health News, weekend Prime News New Zealand, weekend Sky News New Zealand and is a Sky News Australia weekend relief newsreader.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Best female newsreader
Your information: