Best Presenter?

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Best Presenter?

This topic contains 38 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Easty 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Author

JoeAddinson
    Participant
    #15939 Reply

JoeAddinson
    Participant

Who and Why?

#15940 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

Many of them are really good, but recently Greg Milam has inspired me with his playful seriousness.

_______

Tanya

#15941 Reply

Newsrat
    Participant

Many of them are really good, but recently Greg Milam has inspired me with his playful seriousness.  
    _______

Tanya

Still one name missing tho, even if he is no longer at Sky. His record speaks for itself, he is still one of their best presenters even tho he is no longer there. Mr McCoy that is

#15942 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

Yes, ….still one name missing, although I did check the poll twice if maybe Joe did put him on by mistake. Simon is still one of best presenters, very missed on Sky and obviously irreplaceable on Sunrise (they still haven’t found a permanent replacement). It’s a big loss that most of the viewers outside England can’t watch him presenting anymore….what more can I say,…he knows what I mean.

________

Tanja

#15943 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Juliette Foster

Because she is professional,crisp,nice character and serious yet friendly.

It is really a pity that she seems to be back doing the business and not on 8pm-midnight with Chris Roberts.

Maybe when Mark comes back from holidays and takes back his position with Kay we will see more of the ‘good old days’ with Chris Roberts and Juliette Foster presenting together on news at 10.

She is far better than people like Emma Crosby,Sheila Jansen and Vivienne Creegor who present on that slot so often now.I think those 3 above are more suited to Sunrise and News Today.

BTW: Has Sheila Jansen presented Sunrise recently

#15944 Reply

Easty
    Participant

Kay Burley…. ace at breaking news plus she is on icon for the channel!

#15945 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

In my opinion Kay Burley is more suited to Friday,Saturday and Sunday overnight.

Someone like Paula Middlehurst,Sheila Jansen or Vivienne Creegor would be much more suited to the 1-5pm shift.

BTW: Vivienna,Allan and Jeremy are the SkyNews icons.

#15946 Reply

Easty
    Participant

In my opinion Kay Burley is more suited to Friday,Saturday and Sunday overnight.

Someone like Paula Middlehurst,Sheila Jansen or Vivienne Creegor would be much more suited to the 1-5pm shift.

BTW: Vivienna,Allan and Jeremy are the SkyNews icons.

I don’t Like Allan he is do dull. I disagee Kay is expieranced at breaking news she was on air at 9/11 and on other majot breaking news events. She is respected by viewers. And if she is so bad why was she tipped for the ITV News 6:30 terristeral slot?

#15947 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

And who said she was bad?

I said she wasnt as good as others.

The people who present weekend overnight aren’t “bad”

Id love to see her on ITV therefore i would see the better people on SkyNews.

Is ITV that popular in England anyway??

#15948 Reply

Easty
    Participant

Is ITV that popular in England anyway??

The ITV news channel isn’t very popular, but the ITV News at 6:30 on ITV is.

#15949 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

I would have thought BBCs 6oclock and Channel Fours 7o’clock would have been more popular.

#15950 Reply

Easty
    Participant

I would have thought BBCs 6oclock and Channel Fours 7o’clock would have been more popular.

ITV News is more watched than C4. ITV is beaten by the BBC. Either way it is still a promotion from Sky News to ITV 6:30 News

#15951 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

really?????

I would have thought Sky News presenters would be far superior than ITV or C4 ,and they are certainly more watched than the BBC?

But i do not live in England i just find it strange though.

Cheers anyway.

#15952 Reply

Easty
    Participant

really?????

I would have thought Sky News presenters would be far superior than ITV or C4 ,and they are certainly more watched than the BBC?

Cheers anyway.

Yes. Because Sky News is Satielette. But ITV is terristorial

#15953 Reply

kaylover
    Participant

Martin Popplewell is very good at the moment. I think he will go a long way on sky hopefull soon he can get onto weekdays!!

#15954 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Sky News is cable in Ireland-comes with ITV/BBC/C4,etc.

Still Id say it is far superior to work on a news channel like Sky than ITV-sure ITV only have 3 main bulletins with short headlines during the day.

#15955 Reply

Breakfast News
    Participant

really?????

Cheers anyway.

Yes. Because Sky News is Satielette. But ITV is terristorial

Jon Snow is a brilliant newscaster – far superior to many on Sky News, Katie Derham is also very good. The BBC has the biggest range of newscasters that are all very good. Some more than others.

I think that BBC is most popular in Scotland and Wales.

#15956 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Oh no, no, no.

As already said by Breakfast News. Jon Snow is an excellent broadcaster. In my opinion better than anything Sky has to offer. Although I would personally put JT directly behind him in a contest of British newscasters.

Sky is, amongst many cirlces seen as the poorer relations. The BBC has a reputation that I don’t need to detail. And ITV has a long reputation. Remember that ITN, ITV News’ producers, also produces Channel 4 News.

At the current time BBC News leads the way for audience figures (approx 6 million for the Six O’clock News). ITV News follows closely behind. Channel 4 News pulls in somewhere just above 1 million. Sky News during normal coverage avereages around 100,000 viewers.

#15957 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Yes but that is because Sky is not available on terrestrial.

Jon Snow is extremely boring–yawn,yawn,yawn….i immediately switch off.

If you want younger viewers get Karin,Emma and Steve on more regularly than they are now.

#15958 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Well I’d dispute that. I think it’s more likely that you find the news programme he presents boring. It does take a certain type of person to appreciate the Channel 4 News. It isn’t for everybody and that’s fair game.

#15959 Reply

Breakfast News
    Participant

Well I’d dispute that. I think it’s more likely that you find the news programme he presents boring. It does take a certain type of person to appreciate the Channel 4 News. It isn’t for everybody and that’s fair game.

Yes, i think that Channel 4 News is one of the best news programmes on TV today, and Jon Snow is an excellent all rounder.

#15960 Reply

Steven
    Participant

The World on BBC4, presented by Kirsty Lang, who used to assist Jon Snow, is also an excellent programme.

#15961 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

I do not watch channel 4 news because it is on at 7 and at 7,ive other things on (mainly gym work)

I dont watch news 24/7.

#15962 Reply

Breakfast News
    Participant

I dont watch news 24/7.

Neither do I, that is why there are so many news programmes [terestrial and satelite] with different agendas. There are many excellent news programmes from Sky News, BBC News, ITV News, and ITN.

Sky News Today, and Live with Alastair Stewart are both excellent news programmes in the mid – morning.

Channel 4 News is great – the BBC Six, seems to have lost it a little, but is still good, as is BBC Breakfast, the list just goes on.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
Reply To: Best Presenter?
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register