ITV weather presenter Ross Hutchinson donates kidney to dad

jpg e

ITV Tyne Tees and Border weather presenter Ross Hutchinson is recovering in hospital after donating a kidney to his dad.

Ross underwent the operation in Newcastle on Thursday 17 November.

His dad, Robin Hutchinson, who was suffering from kidney failure is recovering well.

Ross, who will return to our screens in January, said: “I’m doing really well. It’s been a well-oiled machine.

“I’ve been so well looked after. It’s always going to be a stressful time for the family but I feel like I’ve almost coasted through because of the team here.

“My dad’s operation has gone well as well but it will take a couple of weeks to see if it is up and running. Fingers crossed everything keeps going well.”

The number of patients on the waiting list for a kidney has increased this year to 5,655 according to the latest figures. The number of kidney transplants increased as well, with 3,272 taking place.

Ross added: “It’s been quite a process to get here. As soon as it became apparent my dad needed a kidney I wanted to see if I could donate.

“It was something I felt comfortable with from the start but it’s not for everyone. You can only do what you feel comfortable with.”

Posted by on Friday 17 November 2023
Posted in
The Budget Sky News Promo 2024

The 2024 budget will take place this afternoon. It will be delivered to the House of Commons by Jeremy Hunt,

Emily Morgan

ITV News Health and Science Editor Emily Morgan has died following a short battle with lung cancer. Emily – who

ITV News Logo

ITV today announced their coverage plans for the Coronation of King Charles III. King Charles III: The Coronation will be

Copy link