Better News for Britain

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Better News for Britain

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  S J Hooper 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

S J Hooper
    Participant
    #30210 Reply

S J Hooper
    Participant

If you find the increasingly prevalent use of computer-generated graphics employed by television news to be a BAD thing rather than a good thing…

If you think that it isn’t necessary for Channel 4 news to project statistics onto a graphic of a car windshield when they talk about car factory closures…

If you think that floating 3-D computer-animated hearts above a shot of the Palace of Westminster when discussing a story about notable politicians who have had extra-marital affairs might, just might be dumbing it down a little bit too much…

… then please visit and contribute to my news website/blog, Better News For Britain. I set it up to campaign for higher standards in television journalism in the UK. Like Jack Straw, I don’t think that the news should be an all-singing, all-dancing variety show with pyrotechnics and computer-generated graphics detracting from rigorous, unbiased and sound analysis of the daily news. Where these methods add value and understanding to the story at hand, I am all for them. Unfortunately, at the moment such instances probably account for no more than 10% of the times that the TV news programmes trot out their new graphical inventions.

In short, if you want to say no to the dumbing down of TV news (or just have a good laugh at some amusing screen shots of particularly awful TV news graphics), please pay a visit to:

Better News for Britain

http://betternewsforbritain.blog.com

Please feel free to add any comments or additional contributions that you may have.

Sam Hooper

s.j.h.hooper@warwick.ac.uk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Better News for Britain
Your information: