Blair on WNT

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Blair on WNT

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Byrne 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Steven
    Participant
    #27526 Reply

Steven
    Participant

His delivery was slightly stuttered and he wasn’t sure what to say and when. Jamie Rubin wasn’t too clever either. No only kidding. Jamie Rubin will settle in soon enough I’m sure.

One thing is for sure – he did a cracking interview this evening. There were plenty of reasonably tough questions for Tony Blair. But I have some after-thoughts:

1) Bliar said that Iraq’s links to terrorism weren’t a reason for going to war. However, I recall, that there was a link along those lines made, albeit after the was had commenced.

2) Blair stated that any of the people in middle-eastern countries would like democracy. But again isn’t there a school of thought that suggests that Iraqis are using the current democratic process with the aim to eventually install an Islamic state of some description?

3) Not helping his poodle image, Blair said something about Bush that was ridiculous. I can’t actually remember now, but it was so off the mark I assure you.

#27527 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Steven+Oct 24 2005, 09:55 PM–>(Steven @ Oct 24 2005, 09:55 PM)
    His delivery was slightly stuttered and he wasn’t sure what to say and when.  Jamie Rubin wasn’t too clever either.  No only kidding.  Jamie Rubin will settle in soon enough I’m sure. 

One thing is for sure – he did a cracking interview this evening.  There were plenty of reasonably tough questions for Tony Blair.  But I have some after-thoughts:

1)  Bliar said that Iraq’s links to terrorism weren’t a reason for going to war.  However, I recall, that there was a link along those lines made, albeit after the was had commenced.

2) Blair stated that any of the people in middle-eastern countries would like democracy.  But again isn’t there a school of thought that suggests that Iraqis are using the current democratic process with the aim to eventually install an Islamic state of some description?

3) Not helping his poodle image, Blair said something about Bush that was ridiculous.  I can’t actually remember now, but it was so off the mark I assure you.

1) The UKs public reason for going to war was always on the basis of weapons of mass destruction. America tried to make links to terrorism an issue, but that wasnt the UK position.

2) Well thats a contradiction. If the Iraqis are ‘using the current democratic process’, to whatever means, then surely democracy is already in action? Is there a school of thought to suggest they want another totalitarian regime? You tell me?

3) You cant remember? <_<

#27528 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

I do not like James Rubin… poor choice IMO.

#27529 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I do not like James Rubin

I think James Rubin is a brilliant presenter. An excellent choice by Sky, a huge asset to Sky News. I don’t know how they managed to get him, but it is certainly one of the best decisions they’ve ever made.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Blair on WNT
Your information: