BroadShyte?

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom BroadShyte?

This topic contains 29 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Byrne 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Lee Smith
    Participant
    #19957 Reply

Lee Smith
    Participant

Interesting, stand-on-me for not knowing the chicks name, I was watching skynews @9:06 30th October 2004 and the headline was; ‘Today is the last day the Telegraph will be offering it’s broadshyte, I mean broadsheet newspaper’.

I pissed myself, I think it was the chick on the right as you look at the T.V. that said it. :woot: :blink: :blink: :unsure:

Bit of lateral thinking, I think she reads a tabloid rather than a broad’shyte’. :rofl:

#19958 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

yes, also pissed myself laughing, was of course Emma Crosby…..who else.

#19959 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Who was presenting with her?
    Hmmm, sounds funny but I’m sure it was a genuine mistake!

#19960 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

it was of course Emma Crosby…miss toungue tied 2004….also heard it and pissed myself laughing…maybe we should call it a “crosbyism”…..lets start a new topic of crosbyisms…..the times is shite anyway!!…so she got that at least right.

#19961 Reply

charliefhead
    Participant

Personally I would love to be tongue tied with Emma!!!!!

#19962 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well thats the bad side of hiring bimbo’s to read the news. Part of Sky’s attraction for new viewers, women like Emma Crosby reading us the news, a clear difference to the old ones on other news channels, but then they make mistakes like that… ahh, its worth it.

#19963 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Emma Crosby is NOT a bimbo. Maybe you should take a look at her profile and see the amount she has achieved at such a young age.

#19964 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Next you’ll be telling me that Bertie is a genius.

#19965 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I think it’s about time you put a sock in it.

#19966 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

I no longer get to watch Sky News as i’m at university during term time, but it’s nice to hear that Emma Crosby is up to her old tricks. Its not just young Presenters who seem to get tongue-tied on a regular basis. Jon Snow is forever managling words and ruining openers on Channel 4 News.

#19967 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

“Jon Snow is forever managling words and ruining openers on Channel 4 News. “

– I said it before, C4 News is cowboy news.

#19968 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Dunno about cowboy, they defiantly have a roguish element to them. 55 minutes is a bit long though for an evening news programme.

#19969 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

maybe Em should work for Bush. He can’t even say “nuclear”. He says nuk-er-ler weapons.
    You know, Dubya would make quite a good presenter. He’s learned to read quite well from an autocue

#19970 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

eagleeye+Nov 1 2004, 07:48 PM–>(eagleeye @ Nov 1 2004, 07:48 PM)
    maybe Em should work for Bush.

:blink:

Nooooo!

#19971 Reply

Hello
    Participant

eagleeye+Nov 1 2004, 06:48 PM–>(eagleeye @ Nov 1 2004, 06:48 PM)
    maybe Em should work for Bush. He can’t even say “nuclear”. He says nuk-er-ler weapons.
    You know, Dubya would make quite a good presenter. He’s learned to read quite well from an autocue

It’s pretty amazing in general the way Bush talks and how he americanises words and introduces new words as well. Words like Yurp (Europe) and Merkin, as in the Merkin (amarican) way of life. He certainly makes a good comedian, I don’t know about him being a good presenter though.

#19972 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

55 minutes is a bit long? I agree. Do C4 start talking about terribly unimportant issues? Kind of like RTE over here.

#19973 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Hello+Nov 2 2004, 04:23 PM–>(Hello @ Nov 2 2004, 04:23 PM)
    Words like Yurp (Europe) and Merkin (…)

And turrr (terror)

#19974 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

And ‘ present-see ‘ ( Presidency )

#19975 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Mr Byrne+Oct 31 2004, 02:48 PM–>(Mr Byrne @ Oct 31 2004, 02:48 PM)
    Next you’ll be telling me that Bertie is a genius.

Bertie must be a genius, look what he gets away with on a daily basis. I don’t think he’s a ‘bad’ person but he is the usual gangster politician as are most of the rest of the Government…

#19976 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

I was so dumb in 2000 I mailed a US reporter “why’s he called “Dubya”? He replied “listen to the way he says his middle initial”. (Duh EE).

I like this thread. Bushtalk. Keep it comin’ y’all. Btw is “Jeb” his brother’s real name and if so, what on earth…..?

It’s gurd to be in Yurp, be a Yurppean, even if Dubya brings y’all a real Merkin fear of turr. Innit?

#19977 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

charliefhead+Oct 31 2004, 08:04 AM–>(charliefhead @ Oct 31 2004, 08:04 AM)
    Personally I would love to be tongue tied with Emma!!!!!

Would love that too!!!

Emma Crosby is a babe but she is alot more then just a babe, she is also a highly qualified person and not just in presenting terms. I agree she does get words muddled up at times but so what? No one’s perfect!
    I think it adds to her character and charm and hope she stays at Skynews for a long long time ’cause I’M A BIG FAN!

#19978 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I’m a fan too but obviously not as much as you. So you know bertie then, are you Irish? Of course I don’t think bertie is a “bad” person, I never said that but he is not a genius. I mean, the guy dropped out of Commerce in UCD. How did he get to be leader of FF again? Personally, the way things are, he was lucky to have a good Finance Minister but most of everyone else are … you know the word. The only other good person in Brian Cowan and S?amus Brennan, but your genius got rid of him and makes his brother the foreign minister – how convenient – even though he is also a ….

#19979 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Mr Byrne+Nov 2 2004, 10:35 PM–>(Mr Byrne @ Nov 2 2004, 10:35 PM)
    So you know bertie then, are you Irish? Of course I don’t think bertie is a “bad” person, I never said that but he is not a genius. I mean, the guy dropped out of Commerce in UCD. How did he get to be leader of FF again? Personally, the way things are, he was lucky to have a good Finance Minister but most of everyone else are … you know the word. The only other good person in Brian Cowan and S?amus Brennan, but your genius got rid of him and makes his brother the foreign minister – how convenient – even though he is also a ….

Ha Ha I know you didn’t say he was ‘ a bad person ‘ I was only stating my impression of him, as for him being a ‘ genius ‘ that was sarcasm
    Also, yes I am Irish. ( and damn proud of it! )

#19980 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well done, so am I.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
Reply To: BroadShyte?
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register