Bye Bye LittleJohn Sad To See You Go

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Bye Bye LittleJohn Sad To See You Go

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lakewood 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

twobells
    Participant
    #18082 Reply

twobells
    Participant

LJ was a breath of fresh air, even though some of his guests were blatantly insane

For me he was the voice of the silent majority, a bastion of hope against the jobs worths, nice work if you can get it types and politically correct nazi’s.

I did find it astonishing that so few of our esteemed lawyers (opps i mean politicians) were prepared to debate on the show.

Still it was telling, and what would be even more telling is the story behind why they axed the show.

twobells

#18083 Reply

lakewood
    Participant

Its now safe to go back to sky news – The last shows seemed to consist of littlejohn speaking over anyone who did not agree with his prejudices. His rabid focus on muslims, foreigners, immigrants did no harm to the BNP. Maybe now Sky news will be worth watchin now that this grubby little man has gone.

#18084 Reply

twobells
    Participant

Oh I get it, because he had the guts to actually want to discuss the issues he was somehow prejudiced?

I am so sick of people pointing the finger and accusing others of either supporting far right groups or relating to them just because they might disagree with their world view and want to actually debate the issues.

Rather than stick our heads in the sand as we’ve done down the centuries, why not face these difficult issues face on like the responsible society we are supposedly meant to be and not point fingers like children.

Another group pointed the finger and accused others who disagreed with their world view, who went on to ban so many things in the name of a decent society, they were called brownshirts and the word they threw was ‘JUDE’.

TB

Its now safe to go back to sky news – The last shows seemed to consist of littlejohn speaking over anyone who did not agree with his prejudices. His rabid focus on muslims, foreigners, immigrants did no harm to the BNP. Maybe now Sky news will be worth watchin now that this grubby little man has gone.

#18085 Reply

kaylover
    Participant

if u loved him or hated him u have to admit hr was good for sky news. He made evenings on sky more exciting and gave us a well needed break from the fagship bullitons. He wasnt scared to give his oppions in an oppion news format that was good for the channel. He will be saddly missed on my tv and i hope on many others.

#18086 Reply

lakewood
    Participant

Seems not that he was good for sky – if you believe the diary page from the guardian

“Richard Littlejohn, entertaining friends in a private room at Westminster restaurant Shepherds on Wednesday, to mark the occasion of his being axed by Sky on the basis of poor ratings”

Also twobells – i live in germany and was offended by a lot of the content of the littlejohn program – maybe i have been away too long from uk.

#18087 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

It’s great that he has gone-he really was awful although recently we get the awful sky news ireland.

and anything is better than sky news ireland-even Shortland Street

#18088 Reply

twobells
    Participant

That seems odd, considering his show had the highest positive viewer response than any other current affairs programming.

I expect the real reason being the change of evening news editors and their personal political views

tb

lakewood: you must have a very thin skin to be so offended by the content.

What exactly upset you so badly, a example please?

Seems not that he was good for sky – if you believe the diary page from the guardian

“Richard Littlejohn, entertaining friends in a private room at Westminster restaurant Shepherds on Wednesday, to mark the occasion of his being axed by Sky on the basis of poor ratings”

Also twobells – i live in germany and was offended by a lot of the content of the littlejohn program – maybe i have been away too long from uk.

#18089 Reply

Steven
    Participant

I can’t quite make my mind up on this topic. Essentially I liked the format, the idea if you will. I don’t think many people would disagree with that. However, I wasn’t the biggest fan of the man himself. Not because of his views (and yes lakewood is being rather melodramatic) simply because as a person, or more specifically a personality, he wasn’t particularly likeable.

Andrew Pierce and Kevin McGuire were always excellent entertainment.

His closing line on that last show was: “Now back to rolling news”. For me that sums it up.

Let’s hope the plans for the changes to the schedule are good.

#18090 Reply

lakewood
    Participant

I was probably a bit melodramatic – point taken – its worth just taking a look at the thread under the old forums http://skynewscentre.co.uk/forum/
    particularly the link to the “Three cheers for LittleJohn: our no.1 recruiting sargeant” from the white natonalist stormfront site”
    i am just glad he no longer has his program

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Bye Bye LittleJohn Sad To See You Go
Your information: