CBS EVENING NEWS

Forums Forums TV Newsroom CBS EVENING NEWS

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

squareeyes
    Participant
    #32263 Reply

squareeyes
    Participant

So…thought i’d check out Katie Couric’s debut on the CBS Evening News…and once again Sky decided not to show it…not even the repeat at 03.30….it’s so annoying that they do this….it’s understandable if there is a big UK story, but endless speculation about Blair’s resignation doesn’t really count in my book…..so Sky…either show CBS or scrap it!!!!

#32264 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

I am really disappointed that Bob Schieffer no longer presents the evening news, tuned in most mornings to find out what happened across the pond. Has he left the network or just moved to another slot?

#32265 Reply

squareeyes
    Participant

jonn0boy wrote:I am really disappointed that Bob Schieffer no longer presents the evening news, tuned in most mornings to find out what happened across the pond. Has he left the network or just moved to another slot?

I think the poor old bugger has been wheeled off in a batch chair to a home for the bewildered!….he’s now the CBS “Senior Washington Correspondent”

#32266 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

Bob Scheiffer is actually presenter of CBS’ Face the Nation Sunday political programme; he will also have regular spots on the CBS Early Show and the Evening News. He was actually credited with turning round the fortunes of the Evening News after it was left in doldrums in the wake of Dan Rather’s resignation.

#32267 Reply

Watsuchiru
    Participant

I can’t understand why Sky show the evening news some nights but not others…I tuned in for it last night and it wasn’t on, very disappointing, there doesn’t seem to be any logical reason for it.

I’ve seen several forum posts and comments online from people who tuned in to watch last Tuesday and were left disappointed…very strange behaviour from Sky News…

#32268 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

CBS will not be shown if there are legal issues with some of the pictures e.g. Sky has no access rights. Sometimes CBS name a UK resident who has been charged with a crime, Sky may choose not to use CBS if this has happened.

#32269 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Its not looking good for Katie. Ratings have been on the declined since her second week has anchor of the Evening News, She’s taken the EN rating lower than Bob Schieffer did.

Katie Couric has lost almost a third of her viewers since she took over as anchor of “The CBS Evening News” and now trails predecessor Bob Schieffer.

Couric drew 7.04 million viewers last week, 31 percent less than the 10.2 million she attracted in the days after she took over the program on Sept. 5. Couric, 49, also trails former interim anchor Schieffer, who had 7.24 million viewers in his last week at CBS, according to Nielsen Media Research.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= … zNNbncsMGw

#32270 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sean Hannity has been slated to appear within the next week as a contributor to the “Free Speech” segment of the “CBS Evening News With Katie Couric.”

#32271 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Katie mocking Dan Rather. This was recorded last week just before the Evening News from Nashville, TN.

[youtube]c5a7QEHMx-4[/youtube]

A Video of Dan Rather was posted on YouTube last week which showed him banging on about his trench coat, and whether he should wear it, have the collar up or down.

#32272 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Sky I think has to opt out some times from CBS for legal reasons. If they are covering something relating to the UK this will be the opt-out. The only other opt-out is either weekends or a big story back at home. Also, how hot is Katie Couric? Shame she is leaving this year.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: CBS EVENING NEWS
Your information: