Charles's Wedding Coverage

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Charles's Wedding Coverage

This topic contains 18 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Sky Lad 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

philg
    Participant
    #24236 Reply

philg
    Participant

Sky News have announced their coverage for Charles and Camilla’s Wedding, Martin Stanford and Kay Burley will be anchoring live from Windsor, with Geoff Meade and Catherine Witty. Slightly vague as to whether Live at Five will be live from Windsor, but seems not.

Full details from Sky Publicity Website:

Sky News will deploy some of its biggest-name presenters to cover the wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles, in Windsor on Friday 8 April.

The coverage will be co-anchored from Windsor. The civil ceremony at Windsor Guildhall is not being televised, although the blessing at Windsor Castle will be broadcast.

Kay Burley and Martin Stanford will be live on location covering the couple entering the Guildhall for the service at 1400. At 1530 Sky News will broadcast the St George?s Chapel blessing, live.

Royal pundit Alastair Bruce and the Queen?s former press secretary Dickie Arbiter will be in Windsor throughout the day.

Sky News? Royal Correspondents Geoff Meade and Katherine Witty will be reporting live.

Looking back at the Royal Wedding will be Jeremy Thompson, anchoring Live at Five, with co-presenter Anna Botting, covering Britain?s reaction to the day?s events and the Royal couple?s departure, at 1800, for their honeymoon in Scotland.

John Ryley, Sky News? Executive Editor, said: ?The Prince had decided to bar TV cameras and all other media from the civil ceremony, which means Sky News will be looking at innovative ways to cover the event. It will be the first Royal wedding in modern times not to be televised so we?ll ensure our coverage is rich and picture-led;  bringing the latest breakings news and eye-witness accounts to our viewers.?

The channel?s output will be produced by Chris Birkett. 

#24237 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

i wont be watching their wedding,because of the way they treated princess diana,

#24238 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Right…I am Princess Diana’s fan.

She was a lovely woman, and she was a true lady. She was not a slapper (as my father says) I have battled with my family about this for many years. She even had her birthday the same day as me.

However, being dead against this wedding will not change what happened with Diana, nor will it keep her memory alive. It will just add fuel to the fire for my father and his band of supporters’ anti Diana arguements.

I will be watching and wish Camilla and Charles all the best.

Wills and Harry loved their mum – but are probably sick of folk slagging off their dad. They love him as well.

LIVE AND LET LIVE. :angry:

#24239 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

philg+Mar 29 2005, 06:29 PM–>(philg @ Mar 29 2005, 06:29 PM)

Sky News? Royal Correspondents Geoff Meade and Katherine Witty will be reporting live. 

I haven’t seen Katharine Witty for a while now, Be nice to see her back on our screens. She has been labelled has Royal Correspondent, thats news to me…

#24240 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

thats your opinion,i disagree,

diana was a lovely woman,her death is a mystery ?,

curse the wedding.

diana fan.

#24241 Reply

Moxey
    Participant

Thats someting to really look forward to

Sjy News overkill on Charles & Camillas wedding

Sky wont be getting my viewing that day

#24242 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

All the best to Charles and Camilla, but I won’t be taking much interest – I’ll be busy living my selfish little life and looking forward to going to see Jack Dee in the evening

But will it actually go ahead? There’s some speculation that the Pope’s funeral will take place on April 8th.

As for Diana, well a lot of that sorry mess would have been avoided if Charles had been allowed to marry Camilla in the first place.

#24243 Reply

dotdotuk
    Participant

I cant understand civilized people wanting a marriage to fail and have others happiness destroyed.

Especially when they do not know them or their former wives/husbands and former wives/husbands misters and mistresses.

#24244 Reply

wolverine
    Participant

:ph34r:

It always what happens, some people can’t bear seeing others persons happy, especially when they’re famous…..
    It’s a beautiful world, filled with cruel folk, that is makes life that uncertain…..
    and that thrilling.

Oh, by the way, HAPPY WEDDING !

#24245 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I wish folk would realize the Diana is dead and gone if not forgotten. Charles looks happier that I have ever seen him and clearly very much in love, (no doubt he knows what that means now). He may be heir to the throne but ultimately is just a man, entitled to what ever happiness he can find. I will certainly be watching Sky’s coverage and wish them both well. I can’t see why people still think they have the right to tell him what he can and can’t do, would any of us give a stranger that power over our lives? Give them a break.

#24246 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Im not going to plan my day around this – really I dont care!
    I do not like Charles, dislike Camilla even more!

I hope Charles never ascends the thrown and passes it on to William. Charles will just do irrepairable damage to the monarchy.

#24247 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Does Charles have to go to Prince Rainier’s funeral too? Bummer for the caterers. Spare them a thought

#24248 Reply

Easty
    Participant

*slaps Sky* They were out done by the BBC. The picture quality was the main let down and too much of Kay interviewing people in the Street.

#24249 Reply

dotdotuk
    Participant

Burley was a disgrace!

She was interviewing people in the street and seemed to ask almost everyone about Charles ex-wife. Who’s wedding was it!!

Later after our future King and Queen had left for their honeymoon she interviewed people outside Windsor castle and asked all of them whether they thought the car had gone past too quickly. Most answered yes when faced with this question despite no one mentioning it before she prompted them with it. She finished her report by stressing the dissapointment people were feeling at only seeing a glimpse of Charles and Camilla!!

Very bad journalism. I wonder if she is like those pathetic few we saw on these forums recently who want to deprive Charles and Camilla of their happiness and destiny because Camilla isn’t Diana?

#24250 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Although I didn’t see a great deal of the coverage, I saw Kay Burley interview at least 10 people. I thought she didn’t a brilliant job of extracting comments from the ‘commoners’. I never saw even the slightest glimpse of negativity towards the the newly-weds. I fear dotdotuk is indeed guilty of the very accusation he is throwing Kay Burleys way!

#24251 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I watched bit, but I changed to Sky Sports 1
    I hope they are not receive the crown and go away to somewhere!

#24252 Reply

dotdotuk
    Participant

Steven+Apr 9 2005, 10:26 PM–>(Steven @ Apr 9 2005, 10:26 PM)
    Although I didn’t see a great deal of the coverage, I saw Kay Burley interview at least 10 people. I thought she didn’t a brilliant job of extracting comments from the ‘commoners’. I never saw even the slightest glimpse of negativity towards the the newly-weds. I fear dotdotuk is indeed guilty of the very accusation he is throwing Kay Burleys way!

I wrote what I heard

#24253 Reply

Sky Lad
    Participant

I didn’t hear Kay ask anyone about Princesss Diana but if she did I wouldn’t say it was bad journalism. I think Sky’s coverage was great

There are some people who are against the wedding because of the Diana situation and Kay and Sky’s job is to report the news from different angles.

Including the angle of

those pathetic few we saw on these forums recently who want to deprive Charles and Camilla of their happiness and destiny because Camilla isn’t Diana?

I didn’t think that the coverage was negative. It wasn’t as if it was a normal royal wedding so I think the coverage suited that.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Charles's Wedding Coverage
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register