Dan Walker to replace Bill Turnbull on BBC Breakfast

Dan Walker BBC Breakfast

Sport presenter Dan Walker will join BBC Breakfast on Monday 29 February as a new presenter on the BBC One flagship daily news programme, replacing the departing Bill Turnbull.

He’ll join BBC Breakfast co-presenter Louise Minchin on the famous red sofa on a Monday to Wednesday (6am-9.15am).

Dan has more than 17 years’ experience working as a journalist and presenter and currently hosts Afternoon Edition on BBC Radio 5 live, reporting on the biggest stories and breaking news of the day. He’s been familiar to football fans since 2009 as the face of Football Focus, and has also presented the BBC’s Match Of The Day and Final Score.

Dan says: “I’m thrilled to be joining the BBC Breakfast team. I have watched the show avidly over the years and am even looking forward to setting my alarm clock and doing what I can to make it even more successful.

“It is an honour to be given this opportunity and to follow in the footsteps of someone like Bill Turnbull. The man has significant shoes to fill, so I hope I can do as good a job as he did waking up the nation.”

Dan’s journalistic career began on Sheffield’s Hallam FM Radio, before moving to Manchester’s KEY103 radio station. From there, he went to Granada TV and BBC North West Tonight, before reporting and presenting from some of the biggest sporting events around the world for BBC Sport.

BBC Breakfast editor Adam Bullimore says: “Dan is an experienced journalist and presenter who will be a fantastic addition to the brilliant BBC Breakfast presenting team. He’s well used to handling breaking news and the challenges live TV can pose! We’re looking forward to him joining us on our sofa.”

Posted by on Wednesday 10 February 2016
Posted in
Jon Kay for BBC News

Jon Kay has been announced as the new regular presenter of BBC Breakfast. He replaces Dan Walker, who left for

sally nugent

The BBC today announced Louise Minchin’s replacement on BBC Breakfast. Sally Nugent will host the show from Monday to Wednesday,

louise minchin Image

BBC Breakfast presenter Louise Minchin has announced she is to leave the BBC after almost 20 years. Minchin first presented

Copy link