Chernobyl 2nd Explosion

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Chernobyl 2nd Explosion

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  DDP 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mjw52
    Participant
    #25182 Reply

mjw52
    Participant

Hi, I just heard from a good source that there has been another large explosion earlier today at Chernobyl, but I can’t find any info on it in any of the media. Does anyone know if there is any truth to it.

#25183 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Well I think we would know about it pretty quickly if there had been one.

#25184 Reply

caseymorris
    Participant

Well in all fairness Newsboy, how long did it take for it to be announced/admitted to, last time?

#25185 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Yeah but I?m sure the U.S. has satellites that monitor any unusual radioactivity in the atmosphere, and they would have issued some kind of statement. Its kind of hard to cover up a nuclear crisis these days.

#25186 Reply

DDP
    Participant

caseymorris+Jun 2 2005, 07:16 PM–>(caseymorris @ Jun 2 2005, 07:16 PM)
    Well in all fairness Newsboy, how long did it take for it to be announced/admitted to, last time?

How many 24 hour news channels were there in 1986? How good were the Communist Party in the USSR at keeping info to themselves? How many journalists could have gotten that info out in realtime under the circumstances then even if they did know?

We now live in a completely different news environment. Live broadcasts, e-mail, satellite phones etc etc. The chances of a major story such as this if it were to occur, not being on the newswires in the space of an hour in todays mediacentric world are highly unlikely.

….and i’m not seeing anything anywhere.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Chernobyl 2nd Explosion
Your information: