Chris and Kay

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Chris and Kay

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steven 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Newsroom
    Participant
    #17198 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

I normally dont like Kay but today she and Chris had such great on air chemistry—they work so well together,.

Wouldn’t it be brill if Chris was permanently moved to that time slot? and mark to 8pm-0000.

#17199 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Absolutely not, no way.

I think Mark is excellent. He is probably the most under-rated presenter at Sky at the moment. As far as I’m concerned he isn’t on that show just to make the numbers up, he is equal if not better than Ms Burley.

As for Chris, well he may look the part, have a lighter side, and have the ability to not fluff his lines. But I seriously doubt whether his journalistic ability is up to it. Don’t get me wrong I’m not slating the guy. I just reckon that the late shift is the best place for Chris.

#17200 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Well the afternoon shift I never ever watch as ,frankly,i dont have time and am never in the house at that time.

I’m not a great fan of Ms Burley(in fact im not a fan at all);however after Kay’s brilliant performance today i think im turning to quite liking her-today i found her very wity and it is my personal opinion that she works excellently with Chris Roberts.As regards her working with Mark i dont see the bulletin very often but,yes, Mark is excellent and seems to have a great personality.

Also,Steven, in your comment there you said ur not quite sure if Chris has the journalistic ability-i think he does but he has got one of the best PERSONALITIES at SkyNews–which for any presenter of any news organisation is,i think, extremely important.

Also,i understand the 1-5pm bulletin breaks more news and has more live interviews than other bulletins however (and pls any1 correct me if im wrong) wouldn’t the 8pm-0000 bulletin pull in more viewers ,especially the 9pm-10.30pm time slot??

Anyway id like to see the bosses at Sky put Mark Longhurst on a months trial on the 20.00-0000 bulletin and Chris on the 13.00-17.00pm bulletin for a months trial..see how they get on.

But i definetly think Chris has got the journalistic ability and works better with Kay than Mark does.

My opinion.

#17201 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Fair enough.

Sky’s audience, as a general rule, is at its best during the days hours. Hence the reason why there is a regular presenting team during those times.

#17202 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

O really-that surprises me!

But i suppose in businesses and hotels,etc,sky would be on!

Yeah but i like the surprise to see who is on in the evenings!

#17203 Reply

Steven
    Participant

O really-that surprises me!

But i suppose in businesses and hotels,etc,sky would be on!

Yeah but i like the surprise to see who is on in the evenings!

It’s also got something to do with the fact that people don’t want to watch rolling news in the evenings, they prefer to watch Eastenders, Coronation street et al.

If you look at the networks in America (Fox and CNN) they try and provide something slightly different from rolling news in the evening hours.

#17204 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Well ( and not at the mo cos ive got exams)-but I watch Corrie,EEnders,Bad Girls,Footballers Wives,etc,etc(and bb5-yay!!)

but i love Sky news in the evenings aswell-it is sort of a news summary as news does not really break in the evenings-nevertheless i understand ur point but wouldn’t alot of full time 9-5 ppl not be bothered with news today and 1-5?

Why do sky put so much effort into news today(it would seem to me few ppl watch it!)….i would love the format of news today on 8pm-0000

#17205 Reply

Steven
    Participant

You raise a fair point there. Live at Five and Sunrise usually take the lead slots in the ratings tables. So I can only assume that the thinking is that they wanted to do something different to see how it affects the ratings.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Chris and Kay
Your information: