Colin Brazier doing overnight

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Colin Brazier doing overnight

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Glenn
    Participant
    #25093 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

I didn’t catch the top of the hour announcement but in comparing pics I believe that Colin Brazier is doing the overnight shift tonight. I didn’t recognize him at first but it’s a nice surprise to see Colin in the studio tonight.

#25094 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Yes, A very nice surprise. I doubt he’ll be on the overnight for too long, he seems pretty good.

#25095 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

Well that was nice while it lasted. Michael Watkins is back on for the 2am headlines (before the Sunday w/Adam Boulton repeat). I wonder why they did that? :unsure: Colin had quite a confusing time at the end of the 1am hour but hey he’s more a reporter than a presenter and I thought he did a top job nonetheless.

#25096 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

OK. Colin returned for the 3 O’Clock hour. How come Michael Watkins covered him for the 2-3 bulletins? That is so confusing. :huh:

By the way, he doesn’t have a personalized title. It had the generic ‘This is Sky News’ title at the top of the hour.

#25097 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Glenn+May 23 2005, 03:03 AM–>(Glenn @ May 23 2005, 03:03 AM)
    OK. Colin returned for the 3 O’Clock hour. How come Michael Watkins covered him for the 2-3 bulletins? That is so confusing. :huh:

I noticed at midnight that Michael Watkins was wearing a large formal black tie, as if in mourning.

Could that be relevant to the Brazier switching?

#25098 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Or he could have just been at a wake.

#25099 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

That was quite cool. Colin was on again for the Monday-Tuesday overnighter. I guess he’s helping Gordon Radley and Michael Watkins because Kevin Owen’s been doing the 8-12pm slot. What’s Steve Gaisford upto then just out of curiosity? I haven’t seen him in the last week. :huh:

#25100 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Overnights have been used to ‘audition’ reporters who want to move on to be newsreaders, so this may have been the case here.

#25101 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Colin is doing the 8pm – 12am tonight with David Foster.

#25102 Reply

HBox
    Participant

And the Sunrise slot with Anjali.

#25103 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

I will admit I was up all night (too blooming muggy!). He did the 8pm-12am with David Foster on Thursday, then he was on Sunrise just six hours later! Poor Colin couldn’t have had much sleep. Wonder if Gordon Radley had anything to say because Colin was relieved by Gordon, and then Colin relieved him in return!

#25104 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Ah, so thats why David did the last hour alone last night. Colin worked 8-11pm.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Colin Brazier doing overnight
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register