Correspondent Accents

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Correspondent Accents

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  eagleeye 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Stephen
    Participant
    #23414 Reply

Stephen
    Participant

I have been watching the coverage of the Pope lately. One of the Correspondents in Rome seems to have an odd accent I cannot quite put my finger on; sounds American but not. Does anyone know where the accent is from?

#23415 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Stephen+Feb 4 2005, 11:29 AM–>(Stephen @ Feb 4 2005, 11:29 AM)
    I have been watching the coverage of the Pope lately.  One of the Correspondents in Rome seems to have an odd accent I cannot quite put my finger on; sounds American but not.  Does anyone know where the accent is from?

No I dont know who you are referring to .

When I hear Barbara serra speak I am reminded of some of the BBC reporters such as Barbara Plett and Lyse Doucet. Its an unusual accent that is only a little bit irritating and distracting.

#23416 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

Barbara Serra is Italian. Is this who you’re talking about?

#23417 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Is Lyse Doucet Canadian/Quebecois [maybe]? I took an irrational dislike to her, not because of her accent though.

Talking of accents, Martin Bell once claimed that Christiane Amanpour’s “exotic-type” accent is totally fake; that’s she’s really ‘Cheltenham Ladies’ College’ posh – (this was in a book of his I read). Can anyone confirm that as if true, it’s pretty impressive going on her part that it never slips!

I don’t care if someone’s ‘foreign’ as long as they are a good reporter. Having said that, it’s incontestable that a certain Mr David Chater has the best voice in broadcast telly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Correspondent Accents
Your information: