Criticism of Jim White

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Criticism of Jim White

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  darkhorse 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

ADG
    Participant
    #26720 Reply

ADG
    Participant

I was reading the Teletext readers page for the sports section and read this text from Mark, Hull who was complaining about White’s performance on Wednesday, welcoming Owen to Newcastle.

What a nauseating performance from Jim White on satellite television when the crowd welcomed Michael Owen to Newcastle. I simply ask one question : is this man supposed to be a journalist?

Anyone can read it on ITV Teletext, page 546.

I think White does a good job on SSN, so its harsh I think.

ADG

#26721 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

Did you watch the mentioned event?

#26722 Reply

di_rules
    Participant

I agree he should be criticised he is the most annoying presenter on sky sports and a right p**** in my opinion!

#26723 Reply

ADG
    Participant

daved2424+Sep 5 2005, 09:36 AM–>(daved2424 @ Sep 5 2005, 09:36 AM)
    Did you watch the mentioned event?

If you asking me if I watched it, I watched the early parts.

Didnt watch the rest. I think hes good in the studio when he interviews people.

He always seems so to say “you saw that live on Sky Sports News” always adding SSN to every major story.

ADG

#26724 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

he was incredibly biased – but then as he was compering the event I can see how he got caught up in all the ‘excitement’

i think he’s mates with Graeme Souness and Freddie Shepherd as well, so it’s no surprise he was hardly a beacon of impartiality. The problem with Sky Sports News sometimes is that some of their reporters seem so terrified of losing their contacts or threatening their employer’s business interests that they more or less act as press officers for some of these football clubs (David Craig an example last week at Newcastle). It’s the only explanation i can think of as to why they never ask difficult or challenging questions.

#26725 Reply

Swansea_fan
    Participant

I agree he went way over the top with his superlatives and cliches. Made the Newcastle fans look like the best fans in the world and Freddy Shepard as the best Chairman in the world, when he certainly is not!

#26726 Reply

January
    Participant

He annoys me a bit but I still think he good. As for him being mates with Freddy Shepherd I’m not completely sure. He once had a phone convo with him right after the whole Dyer/Bowyer debacle and it nearly erupted into a full-blown row with Freddy basically blaming the media.

#26727 Reply

calciofan
    Participant

I love Jim White. He’s a fantastic presenter!

Who cares if he shows bias towards Newcastle?… have you seen all those Liverpool supporters presenting on Sky Sports News?

Yes, I know he uses the words “… here on Sky Sports News” quite a lot, but as a presenter/reporter, he’s better than a few others who work on SSN.

I saw the Owen presentation – what was wrong with it?

#26728 Reply

darkhorse
    Participant

I totally agree. Whether you like Jim White or not you can’t argue that he is a very slick presenter and also shows some personality and chartacter.

I also think Rhodri Williams is in the same mould and is very under utilised. I like the way he always says “Good Morning Sports fans” (only one who does this).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Criticism of Jim White
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register