D-Day – 60 years on.

Forums Forums TV Newsroom D-Day – 60 years on.

This topic contains 38 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  gillw 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Steven
    Participant
    #17416 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Sky are showing an advert trailing their coverage of the 60th anniversary of the D-Day landings.

They’ve alerady sent JT across the channel in the Skycopter for the purpose of the advert.

It looks like they’re going to pull out all the stops for this one, as they should.

#17417 Reply

LittleRoss
    Participant

I saw a trailer for that on BBC 2 Last night, so that was cool – It looks interesting, I might watch it if I’ve got nothing else to do

#17418 Reply

Breakfast News
    Participant

I saw a trailer for that on BBC 2 Last night, so that was cool – It looks interesting, I might watch it if I’ve got nothing else to do

Obviously for the BBC coverage with Huw Edwards – not for Sky – which this thread is for.

#17419 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

o please brekkie!!!

Lil ros wz jst informin uz of da info.

(The txt writing is especially for Kristian)

#17420 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I have an idea. Lets discuss the title subject instead of Hi-Jacking every topic with stupid little disagreements.

SKY NEWS FORUMS – lets discuss Sky News – If you wanna fight go somewhere else.

Cheers,

Johnnie.

#17421 Reply

LittleRoss
    Participant

Yeah, I agree! Lol – everyone seems to have a problem with me

#17422 Reply

Breakfast News
    Participant

Yeah, I agree! Lol – everyone seems to have a problem with me

Awww bo ho

Anyway back to the topic, and BBC/ITV/Sky all seem to be concentraiting heavily on the coverage. Does Sky plan to have anyone out there for D-Day?

#17423 Reply

Steven
    Participant

As I said previously they sent JT out to film the promo-ad. You would think that they would have a team out there.

I’d imagine it’ll involve JT, Kay Burley (any Sky News event without Kay is just . . . well anyway she’ll be there) and Martin Stanford possibly (does he still do Trooping The Colour commentary?).

I have a hunch David Chater will be involved somehow. Naturally Colin Brazier (Europe Correspondent), Geoff Meade (Royal/Defence Corr.) will be on hand. But who else?

#17424 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

I’d imagine it’ll Kay Burley (any Sky News event without Kay is just . . .

absolutely brilliant)….it was great to see Paula on today….so much better!

Paula has really improved the past year…she used to be so dull and now she is the opposite…she was also very lively during the mobile ringtone interview with Martin on SkyNews Today!!

#17425 Reply

Steven
    Participant

I’d imagine it’ll Kay Burley (any Sky News event without Kay is just . . .

absolutely brilliant)….it was great to see Paula on today….so much better!

Clever little trick you did there Newsroom.

You’re right about Paul though, in terms of being good. But not necessarily better than Kay.

#17426 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

hellooooo….so what was the coverage like, not just who was presenting it please? thanks

#17427 Reply

Steven
    Participant

hellooooo….so what was the coverage like, not just who was presenting it please? thanks

We’ll update you on the coverage when it’s happened.

Today, Colin Brazier did a piece from Germany. Talking about the veterans who fought for Hitler. It raised some interesting thoughts for me personally. The particular German soldier he featured received a medal for his part. He was displaying it, along with other Nazi memorabilia in his flat. All very interesting.

I caught a little bit of News 24 coverage earlier this evening. They had Huw Edwards, in Plymouth, and Darren Jordan, across the channel, reporting. They seem to be putting alot into their coverage.

#17428 Reply

Easty
    Participant

I think it will be JT on the scene – with Kay Burley and Martin Standford in the Studio – making use of heavy News Wall graphics and the slide show over the news room. I would think they would pull Tim Marshall out of the cupboard. As well as Francis Tusa to look at the invision plan.

Could their be a role for Julie Etchingham in the Skycopter?

As you say it does appear they will be pulling out everything in the cupboard. Hopefully Racheal Ammat and Michelle Cliford will be there too.

#17429 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Sheila,Paula or Juliette or Karin would make better copter viewing.

#17430 Reply

Easty
    Participant

Sheila,Paula or Juliette or Karin would make better copter viewing.

Where are Karin and Juilette – haven’t seen them for ages? As for Shiela she presnted Live at 5 last night, but that is the first time she is appeared for a bit!

#17431 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Juliette on nbusiness last monday and karin on overnights

#17432 Reply

Easty
    Participant

Juliette on nbusiness last monday and karin on overnights

shocking – Karin should be doing Buisness and Juliette on the anchors desk at News at 10

#17433 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

I totally agree

#17434 Reply

Easty
    Participant

Time is 12:17 pm on Friday – JT is presenting a slot on Sky Live from the Nomandy Coast. – as expected

#17435 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

5pm/Friday – JT kicks off Live at 5 from Pegasus Bridge.

#17436 Reply

Easty
    Participant

Mark White is doing a great job in Portsmouth! – I would have prefered to see Martin Standford, but nevertheless – well done Mark!

#17437 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

What really touched me this afternoon was an interview that Joey Jones made with a veteran named Walter. He was explaining his very personal and emotional feelings, that have followed him since the war. He landed and fought most of the battles at night, which has left him consequences till today. He is still very sensitive on dark and every night when he goes to bed, there is always a small light on in the hall. But in case if the door close and the darkness falls into bedroom…quote/my mind goes into pieces!/

______

Tanya

#17438 Reply

Easty
    Participant

I have seen a bit of the coverage this afternoon – and it sends you to sleep. IT was a church service on a boat. They should have cut back to JT and analysised rather than carry the service……………………. and ITV are know doing better coverage than Sky. Mary Nightingale and a nervous looking Mark Austin are anchoring on ITV now and it is outstanding. It is organized and planned – unlike Skys coverage which looks like it is spur of the moment stuff.

#17439 Reply

kev667
    Participant

For people like eagleeye who may miss the coverage.. Keith Graves is also on the M/V Van Gogh He’s been good today. I do like him, have I mentioned that b4? He’s not on the main list;

Mark White live from Portsmouth.

Jeremy Thompson live from Pegasus Bridge.

Joey Jones live from Ranville.

Geoff Meade live from Nomandy.

Peter Sharp on Package.

Alastair Bruce live from Sky News Centre

A really nice interview at the start of Live@Five, they gave it over 10mins. JT is so, so good at talking to people and getting great little nuggets of info. I would have liked to see Chater there too.. (sorry, wrong thread!)

6am started with two people in the studio (I can’t really remember who!, I think the voiceover bloke said Dixon, Middlehurst and Thompson in normandy..) After 7 I missed a few hours, but it just seems to be just JT on Live@Five – now with Keith. Alistair Bruce must be having a pee break. <:p sry> And surely not, ITV had ADVERTS at 17:05 for crying out loud.. i turn over to see if easty is correct about ITV having better coverage and they are at ADVERTS.. argfrrrrrrrrghhh. it boils my blood. stick with sky.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
Reply To: D-Day – 60 years on.
Your information: