Dear Sven

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Dear Sven

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

dustymoo
    Participant
    #28064 Reply

dustymoo
    Participant

Beckham is not a leader! John Terry is our leader. Our real Captain. Not only that, but Beckham should have to fight for his place like everyone else. He is Captain only because he is our most famous player, and sells the most shirts in Asia. He’s NEVER been our best player. How many can you name? Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Owen, Terry, Campbell, Joe & Ashley Cole, are all more important to the England side.
    It’s just as ridiculous as Freddie being our Cricket Captain, or Jonny Wilkinson, just because The Scum, sorry, The Sun says so.
    My theory about Sven’s weakness will be proved right when he puts Gary Neville straight back in the side instead of the far superior Luke Young. How can he do that, i hear you ask? He just will! Because he really is that weak!

Does anyone agree that this should be the England side? To avoid failing to even get to the semi’s again…

Robinson

Young Terry Campbell A.Cole

King

Gerrard Lampard J.Cole

Rooney

Owen

#28065 Reply

dustymoo
    Participant

Beckham’s treating that armband as a ‘fashion statement’, and making a complete Mockery of not just the FA, but us all!

#28066 Reply

jaggerc1
    Participant

Luke Young superior to Gary Neville, that’s a joke. Right

#28067 Reply

dustymoo
    Participant

You MUST be a Man U fan with such an ill-educated opinion?

#28068 Reply

jaggerc1
    Participant

That maybe true however Gary is both a better defender and as a great cross. Luke young lacks a cross and is dosen’t play offside great

#28069 Reply

dustymoo
    Participant

Just as England have had a problem with the attacking left side, the opposite has been true for the right. With Beckham roaming and, well, Gary Neville. Think how many games have we been ripped down our right? Neville was only ever supposed to be a stop gap until Rob Jones was back. Unluckily for us, that was never.
    Let’s look to the future!

#28070 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Thats a joke isn’t it. Rob Jones!!! Gary Neville has been the most consistent right back England have ever had. Ask anybody in football and they will tell you that. Its just that non Man United supporters dont like him. As for trouble down England’s right you must be joking, its nearly always down the left as Ashley Cole has no cover.

Regards
    Pete

#28071 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

dustymoo u must b jokin. GARY NEVILLE is class!!!!!!!!

#28072 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

dustymoo if u think luke young is better than neville u need help! u will be saying they should play peter crouch instead of rooney next

#28073 Reply

dustymoo
    Participant

Perhaps my loathing of Gary Neville as a person hinders my ability to have an unbiased opinion of him as a player? For instance, calling himself the ?Shop Steward?, to make it sound like he?s popular. Reminds me somewhat of Paul Ince?s ?Guvnor?.
    I didn?t say he is crap. At least I don?t think I did? And for the last decade he has been the best English right back. But that doesn?t mean he?s class. It?s just we?ve had no one else. Now we have Luke Young to offer a bit more than an average player in that position. He has kept his place because he plays for one of the big four clubs. (Just as Crouch & Smith wouldn?t get picked if they didn?t play for Liverpool and Man u) And also for his understanding with Beckham.

Rooney is one of the best players in the world. His talent is frightening. I can say that, even though I, like most Man U haters since the 70?s, can still recognize true class in a Man U shirt.

Ask yourselves why is Gary Neville so disliked?

#28074 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

There are alternatives,Wes Brown,Glenn Johnson,Phil Neville,Carragher,but they are not in the same class as Gary Neville,Luke Young is not as good as the 4 I have named above

#28075 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Gary Neville gets picked because he is the best plain and simple and Luke Young’s passing and defensive positional play is no where near as good as Gary Neville’s.
    As for why Gary Neville is so disliked probably just because he plays for Man United is enough for most people and the fact that he always speaks his mind.

Regards
    Pete

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Dear Sven
Your information: