Darren McCaffrey is returning to Sky News

Darren McCaffrey Images

Darren McCaffrey is making a return to Sky News.

He left the organisation in 2018 to join Euronews before moving on to GB News in April 2021.

In a social media post, McCaffrey said: “Super pleased to share that I’ll be returning to Westminster and indeed to @SkyNews to help cover what promises to be a hell of a year in Britain politics.

“Can’t wait to get started when I return from my travels just after Easter and work alongside the best team in the business.”

McCaffrey was a political correspondent for five years at Sky from 2012-2017, and Ireland correspondent from 2017-2018.

While at Sky, McCaffrey covered Margaret Thatcher’s death, the 2015 and 2017 General Elections as well as the AV, Scottish Independence and EU referendum campaigns.

He then joined Euronews as a political editor and presenter for two and half years before taking on the role of political editor at GB News.

Darren left GB News in August 2023 to go exploring.

Posted by on Friday 22 March 2024
The Daily Climate Show Sky News Presentation

Sky News aired its final Climate Show this weekend. Presenter Tom Heap said at the end of this week’s programme:

Wilfred Frost Sky News

Sky News presenter Wilf Frost is heading back to CNBC. He’ll return to New York City for 4 weeks per

Friday Night with Niall Paterson Sky News Promo

Friday Night with Niall Paterson has been cancelled for this week following the news that Catherine, Princess of Wales, is