Dermot Sky News Today

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Dermot Sky News Today

This topic contains 21 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  markyboy26 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #35337 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

The Daily Mirror is reporting that Dermot Murnaghan is joining Sky News, Apparently he’s been offered a 7 figure sum.

If he is joining, where will he go? A seven figure sum presenter isn’t going to do cover or weekend shifts.. so, with the new schedule full of top names does this mean one of them is about to give way? or are we going to see some double headed shows again?

#35338 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

To answer my own question, Sky News Today from 1st Jan 2008.

#35339 Reply

skynewsfan18
    Participant

OMG they are all leaving bbc news so where is julie going then what about colin so many questions?

#35340 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

More money than sense?

How does that expenditure fit with the virtual sidelining of many exisitng presenters who are equally if not more capable ?

There must be some departures, but the BBC won’t need them after today’s announcement of the streamlining of News.

#35341 Reply

skynewsfan18
    Participant

they have got enough gd presenters for sky news why get more they need to revamp it AGAIN we need two news presenters every 3 hours

#35342 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

They have all these presenters doing very little and then waste more money luring BBC presenters on big bucks.
    They already have Colin doing nothing while Andrew Wilson, who has been a presenter for 2 minutes, gets his own show and now they go and bring in someone else who will obviously get some special role.

Sky News, run by complete idiots

#35343 Reply

irxin
    Participant

Media are getting all excited by reductions in News staffing at the BBC – A pity it is only a cull and not genocide!

That was the good news but the bad news is that Sky will be contaminated by the biased beeboids deserting the sinking ship.

#35344 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

I cant remember but did Dermot present Breakfast when Julie was working there. Looks like Dermot will be presenting Sky News Today between 9am and 1pm, so could be carrying on presenting the news together.

#35345 Reply

fodg09
    Participant

Jason1970 wrote:I cant remember but did Dermot present Breakfast when Julie was working there. Looks like Dermot will be presenting Sky News Today between 9am and 1pm, so could be carrying on presenting the news together.

Yes but Julie is leaving "to pursue other interests"

#35346 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Where does it say Julie is leaving?

#35347 Reply

vicky23
    Participant

guvnorgaz wrote:They already have Colin doing nothing while Andrew Wilson, who has been a presenter for 2 minutes, gets his own show and now they go and bring in someone else who will obviously get some special role.

Sky News, run by complete idiots

Yeah why did Andrew Wilson get his own show and Colin got nothing?

i havent really watched sky news since the revamp.

#35348 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

There’s a Interview with Dermot in today’s independent: Link

Jeremy Thompson, walks into the room. "Oh, it’s JT," exclaims Murnaghan, before the pair, greet each other like a couple of luvvies. "We got you in the January transfer window, fantastic," says Thompson,

Dermot and John Suchet discussing the return of News at Ten:

JS: "Only four nights a week!", DM: "Yes God, it’s News at Ten, don’t keep trying to fix it!", JS: "They’ll never get it right will they?".

It’s a good interview.

#35349 Reply

markyboy26
    Participant

Does anyone else think that Dermot isn’t quite suited to presenting the show on his own? When he was at auntie, he always had someone with him in the morning, or if he was presenting the news, it was only half an hour long. I think they should bring back Martin Stanford and make 9-1 similar to afternoon live. It was good in the old days when Martin and Julie would stand and use the Newswall a lot more that it is now.

#35350 Reply

Watsuchiru
    Participant

I’m a fan of Dermot however he comes! But I think you’re right he would be better bouncing off someone else.

But I’m not loving the single-presenter format at all on Sky News at the moment…it’s very un-Sky News! And doesn’t utilise some of their best people: Colin Brazier, Emma Crosby, Martin Stanford, Anna Jones, Lorna Dunkley, Martin Popplewell and Paula Middlehurst to name but a few!!!

BBC News 24 is far easier to watch these days…so now you get better coverage, better presenting teams and less annoying graphics on News 24! Not really sure what Sky are trying to achieve at the moment…

#35351 Reply

markyboy26
    Participant

I was a fan of dermots since he was ITV. On the subject of presenters, Martin Stanford’s programme was all but lost last night due to the Credit Crunch Summit in London. The Press Conference happened almost at the start of the show, and the next thing was that Anna Jones started talking at 758pm. What a waste!!!!1

#35352 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Is Dermot suppose to present on Fridays? He hasn’t done one full week yet.

#35353 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Alright for some isnt it? And Miss Crosby seems to get plenty of holiday, she had 3 weeks off over Xmas and has been back a couple of weeks and is off again this week. Good work if you can get it

#35354 Reply

vicky23
    Participant

I would like to see Dermot with a side-kick

#35355 Reply

markyboy26
    Participant

I also think they should have 2 on in the morning. Kay is making Afternoon Live better with more humour although not making big stories sound bad. She also interacts with other reporters better. Most of the important news that breaks, happens between 9 and 1 so it needs 2 presenters. ARE YOU LISTENING SKY NEWS!!!!

#35356 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Lol, Sky News never listen. They fix what isn’t broken.

#35357 Reply

markyboy26
    Participant

I see that Colin is on again this morning. Does Dermot still work at Sky News? He has been off more than he has been on since joining them.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Dermot Sky News Today
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register