Eamonn Holmes

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Eamonn Holmes

This topic contains 37 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Glenn 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • Author

bbriscoe
    Participant
    #25013 Reply

bbriscoe
    Participant

I thought this was too important to go in the New Studios thread and warranted it’s own space!

From mediaguardian.co.uk:

9.45am: Sky News has hired former GMTV presenter Eamonn Holmes to present its breakfast show, Sunrise, with Lorna Dunkley when the channel relaunches later this year. More soon…

#25014 Reply

gaja
    Participant

Very surprising, but what a great move by Sky News.

#25015 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

But why would Eamonn go from one breakfast programme to another when he said he was tired of getting up so early? I can’t see how this makes much sense what with him trying to become a BBC man, although it a coup for Sky.

#25016 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

and what about steve?

#25017 Reply

Breakfast News
    Participant

NEWSBOY2+May 19 2005, 01:23 PM–>(NEWSBOY2 @ May 19 2005, 01:23 PM)
    But why would Eamonn go from one breakfast programme to another when he said he was tired of getting up so early? I can’t see how this makes much sense what with him trying to become a BBC man, although it a coup for Sky.

Well he was critical that the news content within GMTV wasn’t nearly as good as what it was years before – and GMTV probably weren’t offering him as much money as he wanted.

#25018 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

NEWSBOY2+May 19 2005, 12:23 PM–>(NEWSBOY2 @ May 19 2005, 12:23 PM)

Eamonn left GMTV due to problems with Producers according to this newsline from Digital Spy. So ‘tired getting up so early’ comment was probably only half the reason for leaving GMTV.

#25019 Reply

sir drinks alot
    Participant

NEWSBOY2+May 19 2005, 12:26 PM–>(NEWSBOY2 @ May 19 2005, 12:26 PM)
    and what about steve?

Ah he’s a bit of wood the Eamonn/lorna combo will work much better

#25020 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

Steve Dixon’s an awesome presenter and deserves a good place on the schedule. I’m surprised but pleased to hear that Eamonn’s been hired, but it’s not good to hear that when Steve works on Sunrise from June that it’s only temporary. I wonder if he’s heard yet. Poor guy.

#25021 Reply

Pigsy
    Participant

as long as they dont poach Fiona as well

#25022 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

I wonder if he’s having a special dressing room being made?

#25023 Reply

geordieboi
    Participant

Glenn+May 19 2005, 04:28 PM–>(Glenn @ May 19 2005, 04:28 PM)
    Steve Dixon’s an awesome presenter and deserves a good place on the schedule. I’m surprised but pleased to hear that Eamonn’s been hired, but it’s not good to hear that when Steve works on Sunrise from June that it’s only temporary. I wonder if he’s heard yet. Poor guy.

i heard from steve yesterday (he’s on holiday in mexico!) and he’s aware of it, yes. he’s actually welcomed eamonn on his latest diary update at stevedixon.biz

steve did say he would present sunrise mon-fri from june, but as has been pointed out already, he didn’t say it would be long term…

#25024 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Well i’d have Steve anyday lol.

#25025 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Press Image

#25026 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

geordieboi+May 20 2005, 03:52 PM–>(geordieboi @ May 20 2005, 03:52 PM)
    i heard from steve yesterday (he’s on holiday in mexico!) and he’s aware of it, yes. he’s actually welcomed eamonn on his latest diary update at stevedixon.biz

steve did say he would present sunrise mon-fri from june, but as has been pointed out already, he didn’t say it would be long term…

Hope he’s having a good time. B) I’m sure that Steve’ll get a good position when the channel relaunches because he sure deserves it.

#25027 Reply

philg
    Participant

It says n the press release that he is the first in a number of high profile appointments, pre relaunch. I was thinking about who else they might have a go at poaching, and I couldn’t think of anyone. Natasha Kaplinsky is an obvious person that they would love to have back, but that will never happen.
    But a couple of days ago no-on would have thought Eamon would have come to Sky, so pigs might fly.
    Anyone else care for idle speculation? Steve Dixon in his latest diary said that when he got back from Mexico in 2 weeks or so he is sure other announcements will have been made, so maybe we don’t have long to wait for them.

#25028 Reply

Breakfast News
    Participant

philg+May 21 2005, 01:50 AM–>(philg @ May 21 2005, 01:50 AM)
    It says n the press release that he is the first in a number of high profile appointments, pre relaunch. I was thinking about who else they might have a go at poaching, and I couldn’t think of anyone. Natasha Kaplinsky is an obvious person that they would love to have back, but that will never happen.
    But a couple of days ago no-on would have thought Eamon would have come to Sky, so pigs might fly.
    Anyone else care for idle speculation? Steve Dixon in his latest diary said that when he got back from Mexico in 2 weeks or so he is sure other announcements will have been made, so maybe we don’t have long to wait for them.

Well, i was thinking that they may have a go a poaching Bill Turnbull and Sian Williams from BBC News – they are the regular weekend Breakfast hosts, plus they both occasionally anchor the Six. They have brilliant chemisrty, and are IMO undervalued at BBC News.

#25029 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Breakfast News+May 21 2005, 11:49 AM–>(Breakfast News @ May 21 2005, 11:49 AM)

Well, i was thinking that they may have a go a poaching Bill Turnbull and Sian Williams from BBC News – they are the regular weekend Breakfast hosts, plus they both occasionally anchor the Six. They have brilliant chemisrty, and are IMO undervalued at BBC News.

You have to be jesting.

Turnbull would deaden the atmosphere in an empty room…..

#25030 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

But will Eamonn be doing his usual trick of only working about 3 days a week and having about 50 weeks per year off? Guess Steve’s position on Sunrise might still be ok, her can cover when Eamonn’s not in!

#25031 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Well Eammon did hate GMTV towards the end, so he probably felt entitled not to be presenting. I’m sure he’ll be working at least 4 days a week

Maybe Simon Mccoy will make a come back? Wouldn’t say its been worth the transfer to the BBC, he’s only presented Breakfast once.

#25032 Reply

Breakfast News
    Participant

NEWSBOY2+May 25 2005, 10:16 PM–>(NEWSBOY2 @ May 25 2005, 10:16 PM)
    Well Eammon did hate GMTV towards the end, so he probably felt entitled not to be presenting. I’m sure he’ll be working at least 4 days a week

Maybe Simon Mccoy will make a come back? Wouldn’t say its been worth the transfer to the BBC, he’s only presented Breakfast once.

Simon has presented Breakfast more than once, quite a few times actually, he is often filling in on News 24, it seems as if they are waiting for someone to retire before they put him on a regualr slot, shame as he is one of the best.

#25033 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

geordieboi+May 20 2005, 03:52 PM–>(geordieboi @ May 20 2005, 03:52 PM)

Glenn+May 19 2005, 04:28 PM–>(Glenn @ May 19 2005, 04:28 PM)

Steve’s back from Mexico, he’s presenting Five News at 7pm. he’s sporting a very nice tan.

#25034 Reply

Dubai
    Participant

does any one know when Eamonn Holmes will be back on sunrise?? havent seen him for a while :huh:

#25035 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

Eammon always have christmas off. He always did on GMTV. He should be back this coming week or the following week

#25036 Reply

Dubai
    Participant

Thanks and Happy New Year BTW

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
Reply To: Eamonn Holmes
Your information: