Eamonn Holmes why?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Eamonn Holmes why?

This topic contains 29 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  crazyfj 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author

crazyfj
    Participant
    #32348 Reply

crazyfj
    Participant

Sky are showing adverts for surnise with Eamonn Holmes why?

He was back last week then he is off again (all week so far)

#32349 Reply

James
    Participant

crazyfj wrote:Sky are showing adverts for surnise with Eamonn Holmes why?

Hes filming his new American quiz show but should be back in a couple of weeks…

#32350 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Why bring him back? Sunrise is far better without him such that I’ve stopped watching News24.

#32351 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

It would cost too much to get rid of him?

Sunrise last Friday-Sunday was a lot more refreshing….

…I’ve even took to Martin Popplewell presenting it the past couple of days!

#32352 Reply

crazyfj
    Participant

just don’t get the logic, I really like Lorna but they need to find someone who she can work with, either that Steve and Emma are great at the weekend.

#32353 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

i think the hiring of Eamonn Holmes was a vanity appointment on behalf of the previous channel controller, in order to show off the relaunch and get the maximum publicity. I don’t think it’s worked though, considering he’s only ever been part-time and just looks bored and self-interested when he does turn up.

#32354 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

jamej wrote:(crazyfj @ Sep 13 2006, 08:37 AM) [snapback]16498[/snapback]

Sky are showing adverts for surnise with Eamonn Holmes why?

Hes filming his new American quiz show but should be back in a couple of weeks…

Pity.

#32355 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

SSLuke wrote:i think the hiring of Eamonn Holmes was a vanity appointment on behalf of the previous channel controller, in order to show off the relaunch and get the maximum publicity. I don’t think it’s worked though, considering he’s only ever been part-time and just looks bored and self-interested when he does turn up.

Isn’t it time for someome to admit that Eamonn Holmes was a mistake, as SSLuke suggested? It seemed a very odd appointment from the beginning; he just doesn’t seem to come up to the standards of seriousness and credibility that most Sky people have.

Sunrise with Lorna and Martin Popplewell has been a breath of fresh air. I was hoping that reports of EH being in Celebrity Big Brother would turn out to be correct, so that his return could be delayed, but no such luck. I am sure that he is better suited to that sort of programme, where the the emphasis can be on him as a person, rather than having to put content (the news) above personality (his!).

Martin Popplewell would make an ideal replacement; he really seems to relate well to Lorna. Both seem to be paired with the wrong people at present, Lorna on Sunrise and Martin on weekend evenings.

#32356 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Martin Popplewell was very good the past week or so, I agree, he also doesn’t seem to be missing his cue to speak like previous.

My only gripe about him now is that he has developed the habit Steve Dixon has, of smiling a bit too much, even when the story is serious.

Maybe Sky will see the light in the end, how long was his [Eammons] contract?

#32357 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Sky’s problem is it makes, or tries to make, superstars of newsreaders. EAmmons a joke, as was Rubin and Kay Burley is a waste of 2 hours each week day. It makes me laugh the way that these ‘stars’ vanish at weekends and Bank holidays. Burley will barge her way in if theres a big story so she can hog the limelight, like with the whale story, and her hero slot on Xmas Day Sunrise, after which she had the rest of the week off. I bet someone like Colin Brazier would jump at doing 4 hours on Xmas morning if he got the next week off

#32358 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

guvnorgaz wrote:Sky’s problem is it makes, or tries to make, superstars of newsreaders. EAmmons a joke, as was Rubin and Kay Burley is a waste of 2 hours each week day. It makes me laugh the way that these ‘stars’ vanish at weekends and Bank holidays. Burley will barge her way in if theres a big story so she can hog the limelight, like with the whale story, and her hero slot on Xmas Day Sunrise, after which she had the rest of the week off. I bet someone like Colin Brazier would jump at doing 4 hours on Xmas morning if he got the next week off

Dear Mr. Guvnorgaz. As Always: You are right…..again…Dear classey……

#32359 Reply

jk80
    Participant

I agree that Holmes doesn’t seem to take it too seriously, and doing lots of quiz shows means that viewers might regard him as less convincing as a news reader.

#32360 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

jk80 wrote:I agree that Holmes doesn’t seem to take it too seriously, and doing lots of quiz shows means that viewers might regard him as less convincing as a news reader.

Holmes – not a seriously news reader…
    For me it isn?t the person Eamonn Holmes. I like “Prince Charming” in front of my Television – but I agree with you “jk80” – he doesn?t seem to take his job seriously. He doing lots of quiz shows, and we (the viewers) might regard Eamonn Holmes as less convincing as a “news” leader.
    Jeps. I understand you, “jk80”!….Friendly Classeyham……..

#32361 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

And this new Sunrise is….well I just hope weekend Sunrise doesn’t go the same way….

It reminds me of Breakfast a few years ago, where you would have two presenters such as Bill Turnbull and Sian Williams on the sofa/chairs, whilst another newsreader [Suzanne Virdee did a few, so too Moira Stewart] would read the headlines….

Eamonn now appears even more monotonous….all they need is fake flowers, croissants on the table…sofa and we’ve a blue GMTV :rolleyes:

Saturday Live it works fine as the presenters are quite spontanious, something he no-longer isn’t.

#32362 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

so yet another single-headed show on Sky News. Perhaps they thought Eamonn works better on his own (and maybe he does) so why did they go and hire someone from outside to read headlines?

she must have been on air 3 mins per hour maximum.

what with the constant paper reviews it reminded me of the short-lived Scott Chisholm Show on the ITVNC, which I thought was great because Scott never seemed to take it seriously.

#32363 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

OperaGhost wrote:And this new Sunrise is….well I just hope weekend Sunrise doesn’t go the same way….

It reminds me of Breakfast a few years ago, where you would have two presenters such as Bill Turnbull and Sian Williams on the sofa/chairs, whilst another newsreader [Suzanne Virdee did a few, so too Moira Stewart] would read the headlines….

Eamonn now appears even more monotonous….all they need is fake flowers, croissants on the table…sofa and we’ve a blue GMTV :rolleyes:

Saturday Live it works fine as the presenters are quite spontanious, something he no-longer isn’t.

Mark Longhurst did Sunday morning on his own so it looks like its the way they are going. Its a poor idea, why take on a new presenter to do the news reports? Couldnt one of the current crew have done it?

#32364 Reply

crazyfj
    Participant

guvnorgaz wrote:(OperaGhost @ Jan 15 2007, 07:53 AM) [snapback]17986[/snapback]

And this new Sunrise is….well I just hope weekend Sunrise doesn’t go the same way….

Mark Longhurst did Sunday morning on his own so it looks like its the way they are going. Its a poor idea, why take on a new presenter to do the news reports? Couldnt one of the current crew have done it?

I really don’t get it, i’ve watched sunrise for years and today I turned the channel.

#32365 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

The worst bit about Sunrise was Holmes and now we get an extra dose

#32366 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

No, Mark Longhurst was only on his own until 7:30, then Samantha Simmonds joined him.

[7:30 is a rough guess, she was definatley there after that Showbiz stuff at 7:50]

#32367 Reply

techno_surfer
    Participant

Just caught part of john reid interview before going to work. Eammon asks questions in a very straight forward manner, some of the presenters try and be too clever, and too long winded which doens’t work and i frankly lose track of their point. Eammon has the common touch, and this works for me.

#32368 Reply

ginnyfan
    Participant

I also think he was good this morning,he can even break the news.

#32369 Reply

crazyfj
    Participant

Everyone likes different people, its funny we where talking about him today at work and everyone has stopped watching Sunrise because of Eamonn and moved to bbc.

I do try, watched a couple of minutes this morning and it just does not work me, for me he should be back on gm.tv

#32370 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

He asked the right questions but kept trying to butt in before the guy had a chance to answer

#32371 Reply

ginnyfan
    Participant

crazyfj wrote:Everyone likes different people, its funny we where talking about him today at work and everyone has stopped watching Sunrise because of Eamonn and moved to bbc.

I do try, watched a couple of minutes this morning and it just does not work me, for me he should be back on gm.tv

I agree,it’s boring to have one presenter on the morning show,even if he was the best presenter of them all. Bring back Lorna,and by the way where is she? She wasn’t on weekends since she ended Sunrise.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
Reply To: Eamonn Holmes why?
Your information: