Emma watch me fluff my lines Crosby

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Emma watch me fluff my lines Crosby

This topic contains 65 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Hullo 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 66 total)
  • Author

NEWSBOY2
    Participant
    #17246 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

I’ve had enough of this daft bint. I know we aren’t suppose to be nasty but she really can’t say a single sentence without fluffing it. What really! annoys me is that its usually the most simple of words. She refered to David Beckham as the “England Capital” last night, she also can’t seem to remember that she’s NOT! doing Sunrise when presenting in the evening. How many times do I have to hear the words “You watching Sunri- I mean Sky News”.

I’d rather have the clear, icy yet crisp tones of Juliet Foster, then the garbled mumble that is Emma Crosby

Get a grip of get lost!

#17247 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Get a grip of get lost!

I wonder if you’d criticise if she said that?

#17248 Reply

Hello
    Participant

she also can’t seem to remember that she’s NOT! doing Sunrise when presenting in the evening. How many times do I have to hear the words “You watching Sunri- I mean Sky News”.

Sounds like she has sunrise on the brain. Emma sounds perfect for a sunrise presenter.

#17249 Reply

me
    Participant

She annoys me when she is doing a serious story, she always looks as though she is going to burst out laughing!!

#17250 Reply

LittleRoss
    Participant

I must say, they should shuffle them about around a lot more – my favourite night-time broadcaster hasen’t been around for ages now – Gordon Radely… and that Emma Crosby just before the overnight news, has been on about 4 times in a row, her long face is just.. Long!

#17251 Reply

Hello
    Participant

[quote="LittleRoss"]I must say, they should shuffle them about around a lot more –

Absolutely, where is Karin Giannone these days anyway? She should be back on.

#17252 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

i think Emma is absolutely amazingly talented and brill…fine she makes mistakes but who cares she is fresh and young.

I dont like emma on evenings-much better sunrise or news today.

Juliette Foster is the best female evening presenter in my opinion.

I love emma dont dis her she is young and learning-leave her alone-im sure she reads these forums and if u do emma,u r great.

As for karin,i like her 2 but she is more suited to overnights…and as for Gordon-he is an overnight presenter

#17253 Reply

Hello
    Participant

[quote="Newsroom"]i think Emma is absolutely amazingly talented and brill…fine she makes mistakes but who cares she is fresh and young.

I dont like emma on evenings-much better sunrise or news today.

I love emma dont dis her she is young and learning-leave her alone-im sure she reads these forums and if u do emma,u r great.

I couldn’t agree with you more on the above sentiments. I saw Karin a few weeks back on 8pm – Midnight shift and I thought she was well suited to it.

#17254 Reply

LittleRoss
    Participant

and as for Gordon-he is an overnight presenter

Gordon is just as talanted as ever, he never makes any mistakes, and has some time to crack some funny jokes aswell! He always leans towards the camera in that very cool way – I don’t want him to leave, where is he anyway? He hasen’t been on for ages, hopefully he’ll be on tonight, overnight – I always fall asleeep watching the overnight broadcasters.

#17255 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Sounds like an opportunity for sky to start giving more of their presenters experience on more of the programmes so we can all see more of the presenters we like.

#17256 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Give me an example of how she is “absolutely amazingly talented and brill”. That talent obviously doesn’t transfer into pronunciation.

#17257 Reply

LittleRoss
    Participant

Stop giving her a hard time, man! Everyone makes mistakes at some time and it just so happens to be she makes them more than once throughout her broadcasts

#17258 Reply

ST34
    Participant

Clearly she is not a “daft bint” to have reached this level in her career. It is possible that Emma’s confidence might be affected by being moved from Sunrise.

I agree, that there are suitable timeslots for some presenters and Emma is probably a Sky News today person.

She is not without talent, however there are many better!!!

#17259 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

i think that emma crosby is one of the best presenters on sky news!!!!

i think the only one who should not be out of sky news is GREG -M!!!!!

EMMA UR GREATTTTTTTTT

#17260 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

I agree with amarats sentiments…personally i think Steve Dixon is much better than Greg Milam….and Emma is better on Sunrise…perhaps Lorna News today….Julie Etchingham im getting a bit fed up with..!!

#17261 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Ah come on. Julie is the best presenter, for journalistic ablility, next to JT. Why is she the regular stand for Adam Boulton on Sunday?

I’ve ogt to say that I’m rather indifferent to Emma Crosby. I can watch her, without getting excited. And I can also watch her without getting irritated.

#17262 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Yeah for journalistic ability big deal….what about presenting stlye and looks and leave the journalistic ability to the reporters and correspondents

#17263 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Are you okaying the bimbo factor then, Newsroom?!

On the old forums, we used to have an Emma Crosby thread (or something similar) that posted her worst ‘manglings’ of the english language. I think she sounds like she has something stuck in her throat too. It can be quite funny at times – but it’s also irritating.

The presenters are really well paid. She shouldn’t always sound like English is her 3rd language imo.

#17264 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Purlease Newsroom.

The best presenters are those that were former correspondents. Why do you think that is?

#17265 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Because they got tired of running around the world in flak jackets and designer Marlboro man outfits and decided on a more stable, better paid job than being a ‘mere’ correspondent?!

I agree about Julie Etchingham. Think she’s very good. Also Chris Roberts.

How big is Emma C’s autocue? Maybe they should make it

BIGGER.

#17266 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Because they got tired of running around the world in flak jackets and designer Marlboro man outfits and decided on a more stable, better paid job than being a ‘mere’ correspondent?!

Quite. But the reason why they are the best anchors . . . . . . ?

Think of the big American network anchors – Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw.

George Aligiyah, Mark Austin here in the UK.

#17267 Reply

Newsrat
    Participant

[quote="NEWSBOY2"]I’ve had enough of this daft bint. I know we aren’t suppose to be nasty but she really can’t say a single sentence without fluffing it. What really! annoys me is that its usually the most simple of words.

I agree, herein lies the answer to the departure of Simon McCoy. I think he got totally fed up waiting to be paired up with a decent co-presenter. You could forgive EC’s mistakes initially as being down to lack of experience maybe, but she should have got on top of it by now and there hasn’t been any improvement!!

Can’t agree with you on Juliette though, we will leave that there

#17268 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

A good journalist is a good journalist. But I think to be a correspondent or reporter on “live” news, especially fast breaking, rolling news, is much harder than being an anchor. Far more pressure and although the skills required are different, still much, much harder.

The best journalists in my humble opinion are the correspondents.

Presenter wise, what is JT on as I want some? That man is relaxxxxed.

#17269 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Well indeed. I wonder whether JT is on anything or if he appears so relaxed because he is a qaulity correspondent first and formost!

The best presenters are, as a rule, good reporters. It’s very difficult to quantify the different levels of stress faced by a reporter and anchor. I think they both have an equally tricky job. The anchor may have to do a live interview. Emphasis on the live. The reporter has the opportunity to edit that interview.

If the anchor has to speak live to somebody midst a breaking event, they may have little time to prepare, if any at all, and may miss the opportunity to ask an important question.

That said a reporter may be rushed to a scene and have talk about an event that they had no time to prepare for also.

For the big programmes, peak programmes you need people who are quality reporters/correspondents. They will probably be the lasting effect to the viewer. They are the last resort almost. If the reporter cocks up during a live the anchor will have to rescue the situation. It’s the anchor that has to pick up after himself.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 66 total)
Reply To: Emma watch me fluff my lines Crosby
Your information: