Explosions in Hemel Hempstead

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Explosions in Hemel Hempstead

This topic contains 31 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Author

kev667
    Participant
    #28241 Reply

kev667
    Participant

At just gone six this morning, i felt my house and roof shake.. i looked out of the window to see if it had got windy and listened downstairs for burglars.. neither were happening.

..sky’s geoff meade was on the line very early, I only tuned in at 0620 as I wasnt aware of anything bad.. he lives in st albans and was woken and called the office. ..a news24 correspondent outside the foreign office in whitehall heard it.

itv news aired a traffic type camera which it said was live barely a minute before sky had a live camera in vision. sky had telephone reports from producers and editors travelling – even julie etch called in saying it woke her up. news24 was very slow compared to sky – even insisting on showing half of their ‘reporters’ programme at 0630 before canning it to cover the rather large news story..

all of the decent eyewitnesses called sky – they were well ahead of anyone else in reporting the wide scale of the noise – people calling in from kent to report in.

…more later when i remember.

#28242 Reply

kev667
    Participant

#28243 Reply

kev667
    Participant

sky first on air with any pictures of the event, and first with mobile phone video.

#28244 Reply

kev667
    Participant

sky’s live camera gets on air.

#28245 Reply

kev667
    Participant

bbc’s live cam

#28246 Reply

kev667
    Participant

itv news – first with a live camera, although it didnt say live on it next time they aired it.. :/ sure it was fine.

#28247 Reply

kev667
    Participant

…….

#28248 Reply

kev667
    Participant

ITV News do have the most impressive pictures.

#28249 Reply

kev667
    Participant

this is how newstwentybore reported the story for half an hour, then they went to reporters – a prerecorded programme before cutting it off at 0645ish.. by that time sky had taken dozens of eyewitness calls..

#28250 Reply

kev667
    Participant

this was snuk at 0618 with geoff meade on the line from st albans reporting more explosions

#28251 Reply

kev667
    Participant

more

#28252 Reply

kaylover
    Participant

Who was on sunrise this morning and is it Juliette Foster and Martin Popplewell live now?

I think Sky have the best live shot at the moment but just seen news 24 have a package on it.

#28253 Reply

kev667
    Participant

steve gaisford and anjali rao were presenting sunrise this morning. ..they handled it brilliantly, in my opinion – especially at the point where so many reports were coming in from around the country, sky news technical people said they heard it at sky news centre and the news@sky.com mailbox was fullup.. and they managed to keep it all together, bringing all the info together and working out first this was a very large news story …and bringing me the widest range of coverage of any news channel.. a dozen eyewitnesses were spoken to even before the beeb cut off ‘reporters’ ..and were still pondering ‘bangs in hemel hempstead’ …

this beeb pic is good though.. scary.

#28254 Reply

kev667
    Participant

news24 chopper. i’m surprised sky havent seen it from the air yet. ..i tried to send them an email to remind them, but their mailbox was fullup. honest.

#28255 Reply

kev667
    Participant

another sky pic, just for the record really.

#28256 Reply

kev667
    Participant

bbc chopper over south london. .. :blink:

#28257 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

JT starts the 1pm hour live from Hemel Hempstead

#28258 Reply

kaylover
    Participant

JT LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#28259 Reply

scottish
    Participant

…and BBC News 24 now have Chris Eakin presenting live from Hemel Hempstead

#28260 Reply

Moxey
    Participant

Do Sky really have to show hour upon hour of smoke

It just makes boring tv and there are other things going on in the world

#28261 Reply

kaylover
    Participant

Nothin else of the same news vale is going on in the world and it makes better viewing than the same packages on replay hour after hour like a normal Sunday and if sky didnt do it then they would lose viewers to news 24 and ITV

#28262 Reply

kev667
    Participant

live camera from central london, getting dark… nuclear winter anyone? black rain? why have we not heard from anyone in authority? On 7/7 Sir Ian Blair popped up during the early moments to tell people not to panic.. cobra was convened in less than an hour.. what is different here? ..is it because it’s not in london? can terrorists hit outside london then? ..or is it because it’s a sunday. and there’s no govt people available..? ..so, we’re susceptible to terrorists on a sunday then? brilliant.

either way – I AM PANICKING BECAUSE I HAVENT BEEN TOLD NOT TO. I assume the govt wants me to panic as it hasnt told us it is in control – so it cant be.. so i must panic.

it’s utterly scandalous to leave hundreds of thousands of people to guess at what might be the best thing to do in the event of a toxic cloud of death hanging over the house. HELP PEOPLE! GIVE THEM SOME ADVICE! Vulnerable people will die unncessarily in the next few hours if someone doesn’t take the lead and let people know what they should be doing. COME ON..

#28263 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Moxey+Dec 11 2005, 01:09 PM–>(Moxey @ Dec 11 2005, 01:09 PM)
    Do Sky really have to show hour upon hour of smoke

It just makes boring tv and there are other things going on in the world

Anything that impinges on the M25 stockade always takes top priority!

Just suppose Hertford had been Hereford….item 6…no higher.

Cheers
    Robt P.

#28264 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

Loving the images, keep them coming!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
Reply To: Explosions in Hemel Hempstead
Your information: