Favourite Regional Presenter

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Favourite Regional Presenter

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 11 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Glenn
    Participant
    #26456 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

Living in the Meridian (South) region I have to vote for Fred Dineage. He is an absolute legend and has a great presenting style. I also like Mike Neville (Tyne Tees) and Charlotte Hawkins (Meridian South East).

Who are your favs?

#26457 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Hmmmmm tricky , i’ve moved about a bit and theres been some very good presenters around. So allow me a few please.

Joanne Malin from Central News West

Jane Solomons , ITV West

Jemma Woodman , Westcountry

Lucy Alexander , London

#26458 Reply

charliefhead
    Participant

Has to be Charlotte Hawkins (Meridien) any day of the week…superb!!

#26459 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Shereen Nanjiani and John Mackay on STV’s news programme ‘Scotland Today’

#26460 Reply

Mister_Storm
    Participant

I’m in Anglia East so from here it would have to be Kevin Piper. I think Fred Dinenage is my favourite, as I used to live on the Isle of Wight and remember the days of Fred and Fern on Coast To Coast.

#26461 Reply

darkhorse
    Participant

I remember seeing Fred on “Coast to Coast” with Fern Britton when we used to go on holiday to Bournemouth. We’re talking late 80’s here. Is he still presenting “Coast to Coast” Hope so, Fred’s a legend and who can forget Gambit !

#26462 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

alexis bowater

#26463 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

darkhorse+Aug 30 2005, 09:11 PM–>(darkhorse @ Aug 30 2005, 09:11 PM)
    I remember seeing Fred on “Coast to Coast” with Fern Britton when we used to go on holiday to Bournemouth. We’re talking late 80’s here. Is he still presenting “Coast to Coast” Hope so, Fred’s a legend and who can forget Gambit !

Coast To Coast was cancelled at the end of 1992 when TVS lost their franchise. However Fred moved over to it’s successor on Meridian: Meridian Tonight. He’s been there ever since, but that can’t be said about his female colleagues, who’ve come and gone over the years, though Debbie Thrower came back and she’s with Fred to this day.

You’re right, he is a legend. Don’t forget How & How II either.

I forgot to mention that Glen Thompsett (former LWT announcer) is one of my favorite presenters too when he presents Meridian Tonight in the South East occasionally.

#26464 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Another vote for Shereen Nanjiani and John MacKay of Scottish TV’s ‘Scotland Today’ – Shereen’s been presenting the show for so long that she’s become something of a televisual institution in central Scotland, outlasting all of her contemporaries who started presenting the show at the same time. She was actually presenting Scotland Today long before Kirsty Young did, and look where Kirsty is now….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Favourite Regional Presenter
Your information: