Fewer Presenters

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Fewer Presenters

This topic contains 51 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  guvnorgaz 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • Author

guvnorgaz
    Participant
    #30079 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

It looks like SSN has followed Sky News in cutting back on presenters,instead of 2 pairs working from 7-10pm and 10-midnight,the first pair are working right the way through

#30080 Reply

jaggerc1
    Participant

I notcied yesterday cos Dave and Georgie did 4-8 and then Jim and Kelly did 8-11. Something like that.

#30081 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

I thought it was different on Monday cos of the world cup squad naming,jim and kelly did 10 am to 4 and then georgie and dave did 4 to 8 and the next pair did 8 to midnight but it was the same on Tuesday aswell.I have seen on here about the Sky News boss quitting and the head of Sky One has gone aswell so its cut backs all round

#30082 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

no there’s no cutbacks – it looks like they’ve just introduced a new shift in mid morning. I was off sick yesterday and i think this was the schedule:

6am-10am – Mike and Alex
    10-1pm – Dave Clark and Milly Clode
    1-4 Julian and Clare Tomlinson
    4-8 David and Georgie
    8-12am – Jim and Kelly

Pretty strange moves – up till now Julian Waters has been doing evenings since the channel started.

#30083 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

Yesterdays shift is the same as today except Paul Boardman is on the 8pm shift with Kelly.

Maybe this is the Summer Shifts or changed altogether

#30084 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Yeah I didnt see the 1-4 slot the other day,makes sense really,that 2 hour slot at the end of the day was pointless

#30085 Reply

Country_Girl202
    Participant

I wonder if the weekends schedule will change know as well then

#30086 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

SSLuke wrote:no there’s no cutbacks – it looks like they’ve just introduced a new shift in mid morning. I was off sick yesterday and i think this was the schedule:

6am-10am – Mike and Alex
    4-8 David and Georgie
    8-12am – Jim and Kelly

Pretty strange moves – up till now Julian Waters has been doing evenings since the channel started.

Has anyone seen Alex on at any other time than 6-10? and until this new schedule were David and Georgie on at any other time than 3-7. They seemed to be the only ones with regular hours. Probably will still have regular hours. All the others appear to be in a big m ixing bowl.

#30087 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

They usually change at the end of the footy season,Kelly usually does Sat and Sun afternoons as there will be no soccer saturday,unless shes doing the golden league athletics.Its nothing drastic,its just a tweak of the hours to get rid of that pointless 2 hour slot at the end

#30088 Reply

The Eagle
    Participant

SSLuke wrote:no there’s no cutbacks – it looks like they’ve just introduced a new shift in mid morning. I was off sick yesterday and i think this was the schedule:

6am-10am – Mike and Alex
    4-8 David and Georgie
    8-12am – Jim and Kelly

As far as I know, with the exception of David Jones and Georgie Thompson, all presenters have flexible schedules – for example Kelly may pop up for the Morning Report one day and then be on duty for Through the Night the next. As a result, I wouldn’t think that Julian will stay with the afternoon team permanently.

#30089 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

And neither will Clare,she will be back on the footy when the season starts again

#30090 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

The Eagle wrote:(SSLuke @ May 10 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]14550[/snapback]

no there’s no cutbacks – it looks like they’ve just introduced a new shift in mid morning. I was off sick yesterday and i think this was the schedule:

6am-10am – Mike and Alex
    4-8 David and Georgie
    8-12am – Jim and Kelly

As far as I know, with the exception of David Jones and Georgie Thompson, all presenters have flexible schedules – for example Kelly may pop up for the Morning Report one day and then be on duty for Through the Night the next. As a result, I wouldn’t think that Julian will stay with the afternoon team permanently.

Yea, ok. but what about Alex? She never seems to do any other slot but 6-10, if she’s not out at the racecourse. Could it be that she comments on the day’s horse racing and therefore has to be on the early shift? Just think I’ve answered my own question.

#30091 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

guvnorgaz wrote:And neither will Clare,she will be back on the footy when the season starts again

she was on SSN a couple of days a week throughout the football season, so i’m not sure what you mean?

I don’t know why everybody else is moved about but David Jones and Georgie have done the same shift for years now.

#30092 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Not in the afternoon she wasnt

#30093 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

what difference does that make?

it just looks like the evening team have been shifted to afternoons i.e Dave Clark, Clare, and Julian Waters are all on during the day when they used to be on nights.

#30094 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Well if it was the footy season and she worked in the afternoon she wouldnt be working on the footy in the evening aswell would she?I have another suggestion for the change,its moved their main football orientated presenters onto afternoon and evening slots ready for the World Cup, where matches are played afternoons and evenings

#30095 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

that’s a good point, I hadn’t thought of that. I wonder if they’ll fly one of their presenters out to Germany like they did with Rob Wotton for Euro 2004 in Portugal.

#30096 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

All the people who usually work when there is footy on in the studio,Clarkey,Julian,Clare,Kelly,Rob Wotton have all been put on the late afternoon/early evenings so it makes sense its for the World Cup

#30097 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

was Rob Wotton on today? Whatever happened to Bundesliga Review he used to do?

#30098 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

SSLuke wrote:(guvnorgaz @ May 14 2006, 12:53 AM) [snapback]14573[/snapback]

And neither will Clare,she will be back on the footy when the season starts again

she was on SSN a couple of days a week throughout the football season, so i’m not sure what you mean?

I don’t know why everybody else is moved about but David Jones and Georgie have done the same shift for years now.

Yes, I’m mystified as to why those two have got regular hours. Must be in their contract. The only time the others get a look in on their slot is when covering for holidays or when Georgie’s presenting on another chanel. I’ve never seen David Jones doing anything anywhere else.

#30099 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

OperaGhost wrote:was Rob Wotton on today? Whatever happened to Bundesliga Review he used to do?

Sky lost the rights to the Bundesliga at the end of 03/04 season (I think, not sure?) and so there was no footage to be shown during the Bundesliga Review show.

#30100 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

What is wrong with Kelly, who supports Liverpool, going to the FA Cup Final.

Claire Tomlinson is in Paris for the Champions League. She use to work at Arsenal before she joined Sky Sports.

If i remember last summer, Claire was on Sky Sports News during the Summer.

Was Rob Wotton doing the Chelsea trophy thing on Sunday this year like he did last year.

It makes common sense to me, those people who support their teams should go and report on their teams if they win something etc

#30101 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

Jason1970 wrote:What is wrong with Kelly, who supports Liverpool, going to the FA Cup Final.

Claire Tomlinson is in Paris for the Champions League. She use to work at Arsenal before she joined Sky Sports.

If i remember last summer, Claire was on Sky Sports News during the Summer.

Was Rob Wotton doing the Chelsea trophy thing on Sunday this year like he did last year.

It makes common sense to me, those people who support their teams should go and report on their teams if they win something etc

Yeah Rob was there on Sunday. And also last year Matt Lorenzo covered the West Ham play off win parade; the team he supports.

#30102 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

lazyday wrote:Yes, I’m mystified as to why those two have got regular hours. Must be in their contract. The only time the others get a look in on their slot is when covering for holidays or when Georgie’s presenting on another chanel. I’ve never seen David Jones doing anything anywhere else.

i think it’s just because they regard 4-8 as their most important slot so they give it a regular presenting team, something they’ve done since the days of Dave Clark and Kirsty Gallagher.

David Jones used to be touchline reporter for Prem Plus before replacing Dave Clark as afternoon SSN presenter.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
Reply To: Fewer Presenters
Your information: