First Reporter Quits! – to go BACK TO HIS OLD JOB!

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom First Reporter Quits! – to go BACK TO HIS OLD JOB!

This topic contains 21 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tippguy 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

SkyFanIreland
    Participant
    #21216 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

Jerome Hughes, one of Sky News Ireland’s Video Journalists has resigned to return to work as a reporter for TV3.

#21217 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Do you wonder why? He is much better off at TV3 than at SNI….SNI will most likely be down the pan very soon. Who watches it? RTE and TV3 do a far superior job….I love SkyNews (UK), especially for the international stories, it really annoys me that I no longer get to see news at ten anymore-I’m stuck with this rubbish fiasco of a SNI bulletin, which I immediately switch off!

#21218 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

That can’t be good,
    He was a good reporter, any1 would at least expect a camera. What poor Jeroham got was more like a webcam. Pure discraceful! Don’t blame him for going but are you sure hes going back to tv3 would they take him??

#21219 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

isn’t your man John Keogh gone aswell he was there at the start

#21220 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Terriblenews for SNI, who do they get to replace him?

#21221 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

tippguy+Nov 22 2004, 05:41 PM–>(tippguy @ Nov 22 2004, 05:41 PM)
    isn’t your man John Keogh gone aswell he was there at the start

John Keogh wasn’t a reporter though. He was one of the producers who they used to voice up stories, so Jerome is the first reporter to leave.

Surely there must be some good people out there, even in Dublin radio! Anyone got suggestions on who?

#21222 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well if sky News want another anchorman – how about Adrien Kennedy – for the weekends.

#21223 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

forgive me mr byrne but whos adrian kennedy? when exactly is jeroham quiting hes been reporting for the last week and where exactly did you her ehes quiting to go to tv3

#21224 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Adrian Kennedy? I doubt the people that listen to the likes of him watch SkyNews Ireland…..they would be more interested in the likes of “The Hedild” and “Ah Jaysus, corries on”, ” Jakiiii ur dinners on d bleedin table”.

#21225 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

Newsroom why do you bother replying to these fourms if everuthing you say is negative. you really are sad!! You are a sad lowlife who has nothing better to be doing than critisising sky news

#21226 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

:rolleyes: I absolutely LOVE sky news. I love all there programming, I love the graet quality news reports, the excellent reporters, correspondents, editors and presenters.
    I simply think Sky News Ireland is a complete JOKE and WASTE OF TIME

Personally I think Gr?inne Seoige likes to think of herself as “above” her peers- all she wants is celebrity and that is that. Whether that meant a move to SNI or not, that is what she wants. Obviously being from Tipperary, you would not have a clue who Adrian Kennedy was because he is a radio DJ on Dublin’s FM104 at nighttime. He hosts a talk show which centres basically around sex and deals with other topics aswell.

With regars to your last comment, if you bothered to look through these forums properly you will see that everything I say is NOT negative, quite on the contrary. Perhaps negative in this thread on SkyNews Ireland being worthy. I say scrap it, and let us see the excellent Chris Roberts, Allan King, Juliette Foster, Vivienne Creegor and Paula middlehurst( not forgeting the brilliant Steve and Emma) [and Anjali]; bring our SkyNews at 10. If we want more Irish news there is always RTE at 9’oclock on ONE and at c.11 o’clock on TWO. TV3 have a bulletin c. 11pm aswell…..

Regarding the sad lowlife bit….hmm I might have taken the comment seriously if you could spell!! I am not a sad lowlife actually but whether or not you believe that I really could not give two ?$%^&*()_+!”

#21227 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Adrian Kennedy? I doubt the people that listen to the likes of him watch SkyNews Ireland…..they would be more interested in the likes of “The Hedild” and “Ah Jaysus, corries on”, ” Jakiiii ur dinners on d bleedin table”.

On the contrary, I have heard Sky News been quoted and credited many times on the Adrien Kennedy Phone show (Dublins most listened too late night talk show). Sky News has been praised and quoted by both Adrien and the phone in guests.

What strikes me about you is, that last message you posted was very snobbish ! – Did you go to Blackrock or Sandford Park or any of those posho schools?

#21228 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well of course he can’t spell and neither can I. We are terrible spellers. We are Irish – we have celtic blood. – You appear to be a Unionist- its your first language and in your blood, you should have no problems with it (unliek your many grammar problems) but it is quite funny – LOL – check back over the SNI forums and to see your text message language. LOL. – and when you came in here, your first objective was to start at Steven. – You really are a very people person aren’t you.

#21229 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

I am not Unionist: I hate all that social politics crap. I am Irish-not Republican, not a member of the IRA, not Unionist, not anything else. Yes I know, I do apologise for my text message language. I have vowed to stop as I find it easier when reading proper English than text message type.
    English is my first language and it is yours too! I’m fine with basic Irish(did well in the Leaving), but I would certainly not consider it my first language. I am from Dublin not the Gaeltacht region.

P.S : I do think it is a good idea to keep up the Gaeilge language but spending millions on translating government documents, etc is just such a waste of money and time. (Way off topic!)

#21230 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I hate all that social politics crap

Social politics?

English is my first language and it is yours too

I thought the official language of the country was Irish – Is amad?n th?.

I am from Dublin

– Which is why I call you Carson.

#21231 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

newsroom nobody is forcing you to watch sni theres lots of other channels to watch. sky news is 24 hour not only ten o clock so get over it and anyway if you want to watch snuk at ten just change your frequency on your digital box.

#21232 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

just change your frequency on your digital box

He’s a cable customer, but Carson (newsroom), are you astandard cable customer with those pathetic 17 channels or do you pay the extra 20-30 Euro for digital?

#21233 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

Can you please stick with the topic, this has nothing to do with the original thread and if you need to solve some private issues go on a Private Message!

______
    Tanya

#21234 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

well its not like the place is flooded with replys so whats the point

#21235 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

well its not like the place is flooded with replys so whats the point

Yes I agree with tippguy – the Sky News Ireland forum here nearly has the same ratings as Sky News Ireland itself.

#21236 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

“SkyFanIreland” is there really any truth in this. whats your source. It’s been a month now since you reported this and jeroham is still reporting so whens it happening or is it?
    That new one Alison O’Reilly isn’t too bad. shes not a bad reporter either. Johnnie added a pic of her but hopefully more will come. she has seen better days other than those pic’s

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: First Reporter Quits! – to go BACK TO HIS OLD JOB!
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register