Five News

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Five News

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lone 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

skyspy
    Participant
    #28422 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

After the news about John Suchet another presenter who has just been reported to be coming to join Five News is Priya kaur-jones. She was working with East Midlands Today as a presenter until recently.

I noticed that Laura Bundock did a report for Five over the weekend, Laura works for BBC Look East as a presenter and reporter. She was back on the BBC today so I assume she is freelancing for both them and Five.

#28423 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

According to pressgazette.co John Suchet begins his period of presenting on Five News next week.
    I find that slightly odd in that Kirsty Young made no mention of taking her break this week. That is unless she starts the week and Suchet does the latter half of the weekday’s reports for next week.

It doesnt seem that likely , anyway good luck to her with the rest of the pregnancy.

#28424 Reply

James
    Participant

John is permanently presenting the Thursday and Friday evening bulletins and will be covering for Kirsty on the other days when she goes on maternity leave in a couple of months…

#28425 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

jamej+Jan 5 2006, 06:29 PM–>(jamej @ Jan 5 2006, 06:29 PM)
    John is permanently presenting the Thursday and Friday evening bulletins and will be covering for Kirsty on the other days when she goes on maternity leave in a couple of months…

A couple of months ? She looks pretty imminent to me.

Kirsty and John working next week , thats the best line up they’ve had since ’04.
    I hope this works for John , he comes across as genuinely good bloke.

#28426 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Catherine Jacob presenting the updates tonight. Reminds me of some weekends on five news when they used to get the sports reporter to present occasionally .

#28427 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Kay Burley started her short period on five news.

Despite my dislike she has proved better than a few of the recent presenters .
    Although she made a few minor mistakes shes done ok and her style for the show works over 25 minutes.

#28428 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Faye Barker did a report for five news tonight.

Thats the first time i’ve seen her with five news since oooh about 1998 .

#28429 Reply

Martin Phillp
    Participant

Apart from tonight, her last broadcast on Five was in 2001.

#28430 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

If you watched five news last week , you may have been surprised by an old face that seemed familiar.
    No it wasn’t the Grandmother from The Addams Family although the resemblance is close.

In fact it was the return of the presenter Kirsty Young to Five News .

:happy:

#28431 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

:blink:

A power cut occurred on Five News today during their morning show.
    The lights went off at 11.45 for three minutes , The news went to straight to a break and returned at 11.48. All the studio lights went out leaving Kate Gerbeau and her guest in the dark. The only thing unaffected was the screen in the studio which stayed on.

Apart from that the bulletin then continued on routinely.

#28432 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Same happened at Sky, but you could make out James Rubin’s head.

#28433 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Did it happen on Sky at exactly the same time?

#28434 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Think so, it was definatly in the final hour of SNT AM.

Rubin wasn’t sure whether to continue so they moved to library pictures of North Korea for a short while [not 3 minutes] and the lights returned.

And “I hope I’ve shed some light on the situation” jokes. :rolleyes:

Just last week they had a fire-alarm during the show…..

#28435 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

I wasnt very happy with the Green Reports i’ve seen so far on Five. :blink:

Firstly Lisa Burke , her style of talking and accent arn’t that good or credible for serious science related reports.
    They should have used Lucy Verasamy or Isobel Lang who appear to me as better presenters.

Secondly Catherine Jacob who was hanging around the coast and the Thames barrage like some oik in a bomber jacket.
    Was there anything new she had to say on the subject of coastal erosion. In comparison Nesbits holiday report in the maldives made hers look extremely lightweight.

Improvements all round are needed or this green week special will have been a waste of time and money.

#28436 Reply

Lone
    Participant

skyspy wrote:Firstly Lisa Burke , her style of talking and accent arn’t that good or credible for serious science related reports.
    They should have used Lucy Verasamy or Isobel Lang who appear to me as better presenters.

x100

I have a feeling with Lisa returning, Lucy’s gonna get pushed aside. Shame because I think she’s really blossomed in Lisa’s absence (and hence the morning shift which she’ll no doubt lose).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Five News
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register