Former Presenters

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Former Presenters

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Steven 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

geordieboi
    Participant
    #17312 Reply

geordieboi
    Participant

thoughts and opinions on the former guys’n’gals from skynews?

in particular i’m thinking of anna walker (she was great on live@5), helen morton (last i saw moved to gmtv) and the pairing of david glencorse and alison jack with the breaking news of a bomb in central london.. their joint presenting coverage had me glued for hours. where is alison and why did she leave?!!!

(ps. just a question, has fiona foster ever presented skynews?)

#17313 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Wasn’t Alison Jack the Millenium correspondent for a while?

#17314 Reply

geordieboi
    Participant

steven, not sure to be honest. she was good though, had a funny side to her as well as a “dominant” (for want of a better word) side when it came to serious breaking news stories, like that bomb in london.

pic below (only one i can find, not skynews) for those who don’t recall her…. though she looks different here… i recall her with longer dark hair and looking younger, and much slimmer..!!

#17315 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Hmm, I’m pretty sure about the Millenium thing. Funnily enough I don’t ever recall her presenting. (I’m not denying that she did)

I remember David Glencorse. He paired up with Steff Callister as I remember. That was about the time of Kay Burley and Simon Mann (Callisters partner) and Scott Chisholm and Selina Scott in the evenings. And we all remember what happened to Simon Mann and Scott Chisholm.

#17316 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

No what happened to them?

#17317 Reply

geordieboi
    Participant

can’t remember what happened to them to be honest but interested to find out ?!

as for david glencorse and alison jack’s on-screen pairing, it was around 6 ish years ago i think. it was around 11pm one night (after what was then called “Sky news Tonight”) when the bomb went off in london and she and david followed the story through. instead of the usual solo presenter from midnight onwards, they just kept david and ali on the air together right through into the early hours.

#17318 Reply

Steven
    Participant

They had a scrap! This was the prelude to the Burley/Partridge saga. The original Sky News bust-up!

Shame really, in my opinion Chisholm was an excellent anchor. He went on to present on Five and Talk Radio.

#17319 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

a scrap wer and way happened with the “Burley Partridge saga”?

Ive been only watchin sky news for about the past 4yrs!!!kinda new.

#17320 Reply

geordieboi
    Participant

from what i recall being told (might be wrong of course) it was believed that burley & partridge were having an affair or were together etc, and they had parted company… but while anchoring together he accused her of stealing one of his closing lines or something, and slapped her in the face… as i say i stand to be corrected …

#17321 Reply

st1407
    Participant

Does anyone has old screenshots of all these anchors? Steff, Chris, Frank, ………

if yes, please post it

thanks

#17322 Reply

geordieboi
    Participant

if they aren’t on this website, then http://www.tv-ark.com in the ‘presenters’ section has photos of most, if not all.

#17323 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Joanne Malin-from tv ark it says she presents for skynews overnight in 2001—-does she still present? why is she not in either past presenters or overnight presenters section?

#17324 Reply

Steven
    Participant

from what i recall being told (might be wrong of course) it was believed that burley & partridge were having an affair or were together etc, and they had parted company… but while anchoring together he accused her of stealing one of his closing lines or something, and slapped her in the face… as i say i stand to be corrected …

That’s about the long and short of it. Although I wasn’t aware about the affair. There is a thread knocking about these forums somewhere discussing Mr Partridge and his court case. I wonder if there is any mention of this in that thread?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Former Presenters
Your information: