George W Bush

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom George W Bush

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  hamishnewhouse 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

hamishnewhouse
    Participant
    #23236 Reply

hamishnewhouse
    Participant

Will George W Bush’s second term inauguration be shown live on Sky News, if so does anyone know what time it will be?

I know it may not be the most popular event ever shown on TV, but it maybe worth watching, just for historic value.

#23237 Reply

Steven
    Participant

hamishnewhouse+Jan 19 2005, 04:58 PM–>(hamishnewhouse @ Jan 19 2005, 04:58 PM)
    Will George W Bush’s second term inauguration be shown live on Sky News, if so does anyone know what time it will be?

I know it may not be the most popular event ever shown on TV, but it maybe worth watching, just for historic value.

It really doesn’t take all that much inside knowledge to work it out really. Yes, Sky will take it live. Seeing that it happens at midday Washington time, and we are 5 hours ahead, I’m guessing that it’ll be on the screens somewhere round 5pm. There you go – I have no inside knowledge whatsoever. (I reserve the right to be absolutely wrong though)

And a question for you – What historic value?

#23238 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

The inauguration of the dumbest president EVER – for a second term! :blink:

#23239 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

its at 2:30pm london time on sky tomorrow according to live at five anyway

#23240 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I wouldn’t watch my own leader Bertimus Maximus being sworn into power, not live anyway so I have no intention of taking the afternoon off to watch Mr. Bush. I think tomrrow will be a sad, sad day for the wider world, and thats coming from someone thats always voted for right-wing parties.

#23241 Reply

hamishnewhouse
    Participant

Steven+Jan 19 2005, 08:14 PM–>(Steven @ Jan 19 2005, 08:14 PM)

And a question for you – What historic value?

Historic – because this event does’nt happen everyday and the fact that this event marks the start of The US’s future for the next four (or longer) years. As The US is THE hyperpower in the world it WILL effect the rest of the World, LIKE IT OR NOT. Thats why its historic.

#23242 Reply

Steven
    Participant

hamishnewhouse+Jan 20 2005, 02:29 PM–>(hamishnewhouse @ Jan 20 2005, 02:29 PM)
    Historic – because this event does’nt happen everyday and the fact that this event marks the start of The US’s future for the next four (or longer) years. As The US is THE hyperpower in the world it WILL effect the rest of the World, LIKE IT OR NOT. Thats why its historic.

Well yes we all remember the great inauguration of Reagan in ’85 don’t we? And how about the very eventful Clinton swearing in of ’93.
    It is a ceremony – there is very little historic value. Guess what – there will be another in 4 years (or sooner if something should go wrong).
    I rather think that history judges what is achieved during the tenure of a President as apposed to what he says he will do at the start of his 4 year term.

#23243 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

As a second term inauguration, it has historic value, it still means that the worlds only superpower is going to be lead by the worlds most useless leader.

I also don’t think it should be taking up the whole news, a headline sure but Skynews should stick the live bit on interactive so anyone who wants to watch it can do so.

I personally don’t like watching $40 million been wasted on pompus crap like this when they could have giving it to better causes, Tsunami appeal or at least towards some proper equipment for the US soldiers in Iraq, I’m sure they are plenty of US based charities that could have done with that money too.
    Even if he don’t care about them it would have been a good PR stunt!

#23244 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

On the contary, he is not the world’s most useless leader. If you’re an amoral greedy rich Republicann who wants to keep all their cash he’s the best President you can have.

#23245 Reply

ABFan
    Participant

Hi guys
    I really take issue with George Bush’s assertion of Freedom of Nations from Tyrannical oppressors. It really makes my blood boil. ;What about freedom for the Palestinians from Their tyrannical Israeli oppressors which Bush supports?. He’s just a hypocrite and the sooner he’s out of power and replaced by a concilatory Democrat administration the better.

#23246 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I see in todays MediaGuardian.co.uk that the coverage of the inaugaration on BBC2 was a big turn off for viewers who provided higher than normal viewing for other channels.

#23247 Reply

samico
    Participant

ABFan+Jan 21 2005, 01:14 AM–>(ABFan @ Jan 21 2005, 01:14 AM)
    Hi guys
    I really take issue with George Bush’s assertion of Freedom of Nations from Tyrannical oppressors. It really makes my blood boil. ;What about freedom for the Palestinians from Their tyrannical Israeli oppressors which Bush supports?. He’s just a hypocrite and the sooner he’s out of power and replaced by a concilatory Democrat administration the better.

The “occupation” of Palestinian territory was a result of a war innitiated in 1967 by Arab countries and the Palestinian to destroy Israel .
    There were many opportunities to put an end to the conflict . Last one was in Camp David in July 2000. Once again the Palestinians rejected this opportunity and declared the 2nd Intifada .
    I hope you are aware about the Palestinian “educational” system who teaches the hate of Israel and glorifies the “suicide bombers” .
    So as long as Israel is faced by thearts , it had no choice than to continue the policy directed to stop terror.
    I suggest you to learn more about the oprresion and the tyranny of the Palestinian people by the Palestinian Authority. Instead of spending money for welfare , it is used for corruption and purchase of weapons.

For your information : American & English troops in Irak had been victims of terror measures lerand in the International terror University of Palestine.

#23248 Reply

backload
    Participant

It’s an interesting topic. The actors take to the stage and the audience claps.

We are all observers – even the US voters, the Christian right and the Republican contributors to the campaign; we are all not participants.

Covering the inauguration is not really news; it is a staged event and been on the calendar for four years.

BTW why are we getting another apology for state terror and a “lesson” in the barbaric and racist History of the State of Israel? There is already an excellent topic covering this and explaining why due to that very history the offer of aid was recently rejected by Tsunami affected Asian States.

#23249 Reply

hamishnewhouse
    Participant

I watched the inauguration, and somehow it made me so glad to be British. I found the whole thing very cheesy!!!! I love The US, but its times like that, that make me extreemly glad I’m not an American!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: George W Bush
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register