Georgie Bingham

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Georgie Bingham

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  fodg09 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

SSLuke
    Participant
    #32928 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

Well where is she?

She’s on, what, 3 or 4 times a month reading the sport on Sky News. I thought after having transferred her over from Sky Sports News that management rated her quite highly, as evidenced by giving her the odd overnight shift.

#32929 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

SSLuke wrote:Well where is she?

She’s on, what, 3 or 4 times a month reading the sport on Sky News. I thought after having transferred her over from Sky Sports News that management rated her quite highly, as evidenced by giving her the odd overnight shift.

She hasnt transferred, she is freelance, she works on a US radio stations soccer show and thats why she disappears for months at a time

#32930 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

Ah – i had no idea she’d gone freelance.

btw i notice Millie Clode now has a profile on the Sky Sports website.

#32931 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Are any of the Sky News Sports presenters non-freelance? [besides Ian Dovaston…who I suppose doesn’t count as he’s correspondent]

#32932 Reply

Selig
    Participant

Hello Georgie fans,

The perfect Christmas fairy has been at the eggnog, God bless her.

Working on Christmas Day can make anyone cheerful

Very pleased to see Georgie back on screen after rather too long a break.

If more grabs required please say so and I’ll put some more up.

Regards,

Selig

#32933 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

i agree. I like watching Georgie Bingham, Sports news though surprises me time & time again, I enjoyed watching bingham on there & love listening to her podcast on US soccer show, she is a proper football fan. THe bigest travesty for SSN was letting Hayley mcqueen leave. im lucky to have mutv where she is now the main presenter in the new mutv, what a wasted talent, they could do so much more with her at sky no wonder she left. Wonder if bingham left too at being frustrated by Sports news. as we can see new girl natalie is a ‘reader’ & as for mille she is like a robot, was not all that impressed with her profile on sports news either.

#32934 Reply

markyboy26
    Participant

Georgie Bingham was presenting Sky news through the night the evening. Very surprised to see her on. I couldn’t sleep so turned on the news and there she was.

#32935 Reply

Selig
    Participant

dan1975 wrote:i agree. I like watching Georgie Bingham, Sports news though surprises me time & time again, I enjoyed watching bingham on there & love listening to her podcast on US soccer show, she is a proper football fan. THe bigest travesty for SSN was letting Hayley mcqueen leave. im lucky to have mutv where she is now the main presenter in the new mutv, what a wasted talent, they could do so much more with her at sky no wonder she left. Wonder if bingham left too at being frustrated by Sports news. as we can see new girl natalie is a ‘reader’ & as for mille she is like a robot, was not all that impressed with her profile on sports news either.

Hi,

You are quite right Georgie is a soccer fan who does an awful lot of background research on the web (and other sources) which makes her very well informed though I think you’ll find her first love is rugby union (London Irish). But to limit Georgie to two sports is unrealistic as you only have to watch her present to know that she knows much about all sports and she is very natural and relaxed with her knowledge and presentation style.

WSD is most entertaining but far moreso with Georgie on I agree.

I don’t see much SSN but from what I have seen all the presenters seem competent. Obviously the attractive ladies do tend to get more attention and Hayley McQueen is no exception. I have to say even though I read that she was back in Manchester I thought she was still working for SSN, I should have read more closely. If you go to Georgie’s MySpace page (http://www.myspace.com/georgiebingham/ ), assuming that you haven’t already then you wil find a link to Hayley’s page (Daddy or chips?) and you’ll learn a bit more about why Hayley left London (rather than SSN perhaps).

I have no idea what Georgie’s reasons were for going ‘freelance’ or to ‘leave’ SSN, I think it was probably more a case of her just fitting the mould at Sky News and I think she is quite popular with her colleagues there, she’s certainly the best sports news presenter, IMHO. I never saw her on SSN.

I have not seen either Natalie or Millie at work so I cannot comment but I always imagine it must be rather difficult to read something from autocue and try and make it look like you are not! I know that I would get ‘the fear’ and perhaps you have heard Georgie on WSD describe herself as someone who reads the autocue? But of course Georgie’s just a natural.

Selig

#32936 Reply

Selig
    Participant

markyboy26 wrote:Georgie Bingham was presenting Sky news through the night the evening. Very surprised to see her on. I couldn’t sleep so turned on the news and there she was.

Well you are lucky to catch Georgie doing the overnight ‘graveyard’ shift (she’s usually in for 12 hours or so starting with the sports news slot at about 17:20hrs and then picking up on the news proper from 23:00hrs onwards through to 06:00hrs, at least that is what I recall) but it is yet another string to her bow. I first caught her overnight in the middle of last year and was rather surprised like you. She does it rather irregularly and unpredictably and I’ve only caught her doing it less than five times but I’m sure you agree that she is as good doing the news as she is doing the sports news slots.

Selig

#32937 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Is Georgie working in America again? Haven’t seen her on Sky for a bit. Don’t get me wrong there are other good looking presenters on their eg Natalie Sawyer, Millie Clode but Georgie sounds intelligent and has a cheeky smile. Come back Georgie!

#32938 Reply

fodg09
    Participant

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/index?cc=5739

Georgie presenting SportsCentre.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Georgie Bingham
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register