Getting Worse!

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Getting Worse!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  guvnorgaz 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

squareeyes
    Participant
    #29478 Reply

squareeyes
    Participant

Sky News is all over the place this afternoon….several late sound fades and the THREE presenters (Ginny Buckley, Juliette Foster and the bloke from sport) repeatedly talking over each other and not really knowing who should be reading what….WHEN WILL THIS THREE PRESENTER NONSENSE STOP?. Little wonder News24 is now the RTS News Channel Of The Year.

#29479 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

It’s made worse by one of the three presenters trying to overshadow everybody else and get all the lines. Ginny seems to think she can handle all the news. God only knows what Kay would be like in that set up.

#29480 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

I don’t like the three presenters scenario either, I just don’t see the point of it. It’s also three wages when just one, or two (at a push), would do the same job. For me, the sooner it ends the better.

#29481 Reply

RoxyM
    Participant

The “bloke from sport” happens to be the gorgeous Steve Gaisford!

I agree that the 3 person format has never really taken off and that certain presenters can hijack programmes. I didn’t happen to watch today but I can imagine Ginny trying to run the show which will clearly never work. It must be very frustrating for the likes of Steve and Juliette when someone tries to do that.

There’s been a real mix of presenters again this week. I wonder what the future holds…….

#29482 Reply

AJ
    Participant

I’d love to see a U-turn on the new look Sky News Today but I can’t see that being very likely to be honest. TV execs have a nasty habit of sticking by anything they do – whether it is right or wrong – and often this leads to the channel losing viewers etc.

One example of this is Sky One – a few years ago, it was decided that they should go for that 18-35 age bracket which is hard to cater for. This resulted in the channel going downmarket and showing tits in almost every programme after 9pm, and having Denise Van Outen presenting a lot of programmes.

Yes – this is what all 18-35 year olds want isn’t it.

This has more recently been u-turned, and Sky One is now looking to produce more quality output. (Although, whether this is the case is for another debate)

I digress though. My point is that whoever decided that Sky News Today should have 3 presenters, and the Appointment to View programmes should be so rigid etc etc will be standing by the changes through thick and thin, and it’s unlikely that these will be u-turned as long as that person (whoever that may be) is there.

Hopefully the loss of the “News Channel of the Year” title will force Sky to rethink the changes a bit. Let’s face it – Sky News hasn’t exactly been worthy of such an accalade recently has it, and I think that the execs may be looking at the channel through rose tinted glasses.

Another point I’d like to make is, what exactly happened to those mooted changes for the end of February? The rejigging of formats and schedules etc etc. All we’ve seen happen is a radio advertising campaign.

#29483 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Do we need all the fancy graphics and news tickers to deliver the news?Isnt that what the presenters are for?Its turning into the Sky News teletext service

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Getting Worse!
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register