Ginny Buckley

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Ginny Buckley

This topic contains 44 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  ginnyfan 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Hullo
    Participant
    #27103 Reply

Hullo
    Participant

Can’t say I’ve noticed Ginny Buckley very much, I don’t know if she’s been filling in, but she was dreadful today, nervous, looking in the wrong camera, asking really crap questions in interviews and so on.

At last there’s someone I hate MORE than Emma and Kay!

Can anyone give me background on her. Was she at ITV before (I live abroad and don’t see much ITV)?

#27104 Reply

James
    Participant

She presented Holiday on BBC One before joining Sky and I must agree she is absolutely awful. We also saw how great she is at breaking news at just gone 12 o’clock this lunchtime.

#27105 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

Yeah she has presented a few times and her nerves or lack of are awkwardly obvious…I think she can improve though.

#27106 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Yeh I too caught Ginny today and found her to be nervous. Whilst I’m sure she’s a great person and have every confidence that the top-dogs at Sky News have made a good decision, I can’t help feeling that there were plenty of other presenters already ‘on the books’ that could have presented in the SNT PM slot.

#27107 Reply

Mick
    Participant

Ginny is really nice. I like her a lot actually. Leave her alone.

Keep up the good work Ginny, and what a lovely smile you have…… you’re eyes light up your face.

#27108 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

I am bit wary of the new lot – yet I think that considering the pressure that Ginny must be under at the moment she is doing well. None of the channels current big hitters were any better or worse when they started.

Lay off her as presenting the news from an autocue, having folk in the gallery scream in your ear, having numerous breaking news stories to cover ( as though you are expert in all areas ) and a constantly changing running order over the period of several hours is very demanding.

She’ll get even better – I am sure!!

#27109 Reply

Hullo
    Participant

She said that one of Harold Pinter’s plays is called “The Birthday Boy” (for those of you who don’t know, it’s “The Birthday Party”). Maybe she mixed it up with Jack Rosenthal’s “Barmitzvah Boy”.

Anyway, look guys, this isn’t a youth club or something, it’s Sky News. It’s meant to be the no. 1 news channel. There’s no room for people who are as wobbly as her (or the reasonably new weather girl with a high-pitched voice whose name escapes me for the moment). We have every right to expect that everybody is a pro on top of their game. If people still need to learn how to keep cool and in control on live TV with people yelling into their ears, surely they should cut their teeth on local TV, not on a major channel.

#27110 Reply

James
    Participant

Hullo+Oct 14 2005, 09:09 AM–>(Hullo @ Oct 14 2005, 09:09 AM)
    She said that one of Harold Pinter’s plays is called “The Birthday Boy” (for those of you who don’t know, it’s “The Birthday Party”). Maybe she mixed it up with Jack Rosenthal’s “Barmitzvah Boy”.

When she first broke the news, she got his name wrong, then said he’d died, then said what had really happened and then decided to leave it there – she looked a bit worried afterwards.

#27111 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

I appreciate the recent comments, but I really think we should let her settle in before leading her to the plank.

#27112 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Another thing – if she is so bad there is no way a ‘number one’ news channel would allow her on air – as simple as that folks.

#27113 Reply

lakewood
    Participant

She also said that he wrote “The french leutenant’s woman” ….

#27114 Reply

derek500
    Participant

lakewood+Oct 15 2005, 07:37 AM–>(lakewood @ Oct 15 2005, 07:37 AM)

Well, he did write the screenplay for the 1981 movie.

#27115 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Ginny is great – I love her rapport with Steve and Mark. She is very relaxed and comes across great.

I love her banter with the two lads – keeping them in check.

Good luck Ginny – I know you can do it!!!

#27116 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Do you ever get the impression that some Sky News presenters want death and destruction in equal measures? I had to laugh when Ginny said old Harold had died when infact he had won an award!

Can’t say I like her much, don’t all shout at me though it is just my opinion! Bring back Viv and Liza who are far more professional.

Lou

#27117 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

I dont rate any of the new presenters,and when you consider quality like Anjali Rao is stuck away doing weekends and through the night then it makes it all the more baffling as to why Sky needed them

#27118 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

I agree. Ginny isn’t any better than what they had (or have) so I fail to see why she’s been given a regular daytime slot over Emma or Anjali.

and someone seems to have told her to hold the same expression to the camera no matter the brevity of the news being read. So we see Mark telling us of explosions in Baghdad whilst she smirks and blinks at us.

#27119 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Would all the people who hate the new presenters just get over it.

They are here now, and slagging them will not bring back Viv or Lisa.

TIME TO MOVE ON – ME THINKS!!

#27120 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

i think shes very good and attracts young people to the news (and not just for that reason lads). she brings sky news today to life

#27121 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

dirkyt+Oct 31 2005, 09:53 PM–>(dirkyt @ Oct 31 2005, 09:53 PM)

We have moved on, what is the matter can’t we have our opinion? Maybe opinions should be banned within this Nanny State.

In my opinion a Spitting Image puppet would do better, Ginny is just plain awful.

Lou

#27122 Reply

dustymoo
    Participant

Ginny Buckley is the best looking Skynews presenter ever! She still looks nervous, but does anyone agree that it’s great to have someone that is not from one of the big Uni’s, and doesnt talk in that ‘bigotory’ accent. Kinda like Emma Crosby does, but she’s cool though.
    She’s a working class lass from Rochdale made good! We love ya Ginny!

#27123 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I like Ginny.

When she first appeared on Sky News, I was wondering what she was doing there, because she was nervous and had no rapport with the presenters or the audience.

However, since the relaunch, she became a whole new presenter. She has definitely come out of her shell and is quite fun now. She was even taking the mick out or Wenger and Mourinho the other day.

Im just waiting for her to fall down those stairs though. She seems to be the only presenter that has to walk down the steps as she speaks. Its got to happen some day.

Kay sometimes stands on the stairs, but she isnt daft, there is no way she is going to risk falling arse over head on live tv. She stays still!

#27124 Reply

dustymoo
    Participant

Lol! Someone’s got to do it? I just hope i’m watching?

#27125 Reply

derek500
    Participant

lakewood+Oct 15 2005, 06:37 AM–>(lakewood @ Oct 15 2005, 06:37 AM)

Bit spooky but John Fowles who did write ‘The French Lieutenant’s Woman’ died on Saturday.

#27126 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

LouNews2005+Nov 1 2005, 07:32 AM–>(LouNews2005 @ Nov 1 2005, 07:32 AM)

dirkyt+Oct 31 2005, 09:53 PM–>(dirkyt @ Oct 31 2005, 09:53 PM)

We have moved on, what is the matter can’t we have our opinion? Maybe opinions should be banned within this Nanny State.

In my opinion a Spitting Image puppet would do better, Ginny is just plain awful.

Lou

Yes – you are a naughty boy!!

I will concern myself with your opinion as much as you do mine.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
Reply To: Ginny Buckley
Your information: