Ginny insulted this afternoon

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Ginny insulted this afternoon

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sky.dub 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

ginnyfan
    Participant
    #30238 Reply

ginnyfan
    Participant

Ginny was insulted this afternoon by a man she interviewed about abortion. They clearly had different appinions and in the end he called her close-minded and she than said that she will not respond to that. After that Mark was confused and started talking about different views on this subject. Ginny was really pissed off, trying to act like nothing happened,poor her. I think this man was really rude and mean, because Ginny didn’t give him any reason for such a public humiliation. Has anyone else seen this?

#30239 Reply

jk80
    Participant

ginnyfan wrote:Ginny was insulted this afternoon by a man she interviewed about abortion. They clearly had different appinions and in the end he called her close-minded and she than said that she will not respond to that. After that Mark was confused and started talking about different views on this subject. Ginny was really pissed off, trying to act like nothing happened,poor her. I think this man was really rude and mean, because Ginny didn’t give him any reason for such a public humiliation. Has anyone else seen this?

Yes, I saw that and was itching to come on here and discuss it. The strange thing is that she let a lot of debatable points go by (like his assertion that the government is “forcing” more abortions…how??) but then essentially picked him up on the weird point about whether, as a man, he has any right to comment.

I felt sorry for her but couldn’t help feeling that she should have been better prepared, or an interview on this kind of subject should have been conducted by somebody a bit more rigorous. She was letting her emotions get the better of her towards the end and it seemed to cloud her judgement. It’s a shame, because I would have liked to see that guy put in his place!

#30240 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

I caught parts of it,wasnt really listening to it but I did notice she was getting a little flustered by him

#30241 Reply

ginnyfan
    Participant

@jk80
    I agree with you that this guy deserves to be put in his place, and I think Kay or some oder Sky presenter would do so but Ginny is still fresh and inexperienced and she is still learning how to deal with basics of her job. Situations like this don’t happen very often and I can only guess what was going on in her head when she heard him saying those words, and the way he said it was also very humiliating ”…women who are not as close-minded as you are”. I think she did the right thing and she didn’t want to put herself down to his level.

#30242 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

What made the interviewee so angry?

#30243 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

In the job Ginny’s in, she’s gonna just have to get used to it. People when being interviewd are entitled to give their opinions. Even if we (or she) think that the comments are harsh. Although, calling somebody close-minded is not the harshest of insults I’ve heard in my life!

On abortion, Ginny probably is close-minded anyway. Aren’t most people on that subject? People, especially women, believe one way or the other, that’s usually it! I don’t think I’ve ever met anybody who has changed their views on abortion anyway. Regardless of any logical discussion or debate on the subject. (And here in Ireland we’ve had quite a few of those over the years!!!)

I didn’t see the interview. But it’s all a learning experience for Ginny. So I don’t think people need to be too worried on her behalf. She’s a grown up now, and I’m sure there’s going to be many more tough (and even unpleasent) interviewees ahead of her. So if all she gets called in her career is close-minded, I don’t think that she can have too many complaints.

#30244 Reply

ginnyfan
    Participant

sky.dub wrote:What made the interviewee so angry?

Ginny said that men can not understand how women feel about abortion, or something like that.

#30245 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Her questioning and interviewing skills are rather weak anyway. I have no idea how she has got a position on Sky News Today (pm) lacking the necessary qualities.
    When she was on-air with Allan King a day or two ago, she was made to look absolutely rubbish. Allan really got into the Concorde subjects etc. While Ginny just usually asks the generic, “What more do we know about this (reporters name)?”

#30246 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

jonn0boy wrote:Her questioning and interviewing skills are rather weak anyway. I have no idea how she has got a position on Sky News Today (pm) lacking the necessary qualities.
    When she was on-air with Allan King a day or two ago, she was made to look absolutely rubbish. Allan really got into the Concorde subjects etc. While Ginny just usually asks the generic, “What more do we know about this (reporters name)?”

I agree, she seems like a nice girl and everything but presenting in such a high profile position undermines Sky News. She has no fluency and looks uncomfortable.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Ginny insulted this afternoon
Your information: