Girl Power – Again

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Girl Power – Again

This topic contains 24 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Newsroom 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #19777 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I know we’ve had this thread before when 2 female presenters present together but today we’ve had it twice:

Emma and Juliet Errington on Sunrise, Viv and Anjali on 10am – 4 pm, sports by Jackie and weather by Hazel… just thought I’d point that out…..

#19778 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Has Juliet Errington done any presenting before? She didn’t seem that comfortable.

#19779 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

…she has only done night shifts so far! I guess we can forgive her for being a little uncomfortable!
    I hope Allan will break this “women circle” soon,…there is too many women in studio at the same time! It scares me!
    _________
    Tanya

#19780 Reply

Easty
    Participant

I thought Emma seemed a bit nervous – maybe she is worried by Juilliets competition.

#19781 Reply

Hello
    Participant

I take it all the male presenters are in the pub today.

#19782 Reply

Kelly
    Participant

This has not been done for some time, they have used double shifts at other times so there is a male and female presenter on.

#19783 Reply

Kelly
    Participant

Hello+Oct 23 2004, 02:23 PM–>(Hello @ Oct 23 2004, 02:23 PM)
    I take it all the male presenters are in the pub today.

Allan King is on 16:00 – 00:00.

#19784 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Easty+Oct 23 2004, 12:01 PM–>(Easty @ Oct 23 2004, 12:01 PM)
    I thought Emma seemed a bit nervous – maybe she is worried by Juilliets competition.

My impression was that Emma was “pulling out all the stops”, as she felt pressured by Juliet’s apparent newsreading limitations.

Viv and Anjali were an interesting combo….cut glass accents et al

The ‘senior’ presenters seem to occupy the left [on screen] seat, is this usually so?

#19785 Reply

Kelly
    Participant

I am not sure there are “senior” presenters, the male presenter always sits on the lift when there is a male and a female presenter and the all the male presenters are not “senior” to all the female presenters.

#19786 Reply

Lee Smith
    Participant

Does it matter if it’s two dudes or two chicks, or a dude and a chick?

This isn’t a Spice Girls song.

:blink:

They are Women and not girls!

Maybe it’s feminist week @ bskyb, ohh well not that I watch TV for more than 10 minutes in a day.

#19787 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

And again this am when Sunrise was presented by Viv and Lorna – way to go girls!!!!!!!!

#19788 Reply

lee1990hathaway
    Participant

Viv and Anna are on tonight 5-8pm

#19789 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

Snatched a glimpse earlier and saw that Viv and Anna were both presenting Live at Five. What is it with periodic shortages of men at Sky News? Do the ladies gang up and threaten them with their handbags every so often? Or do none of Sky’s pool of overnight chaps feel up to the job of sharing the screen with one of the lovely ladies Sky employ?

#19790 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

This is the first time I have even seen 2 female’s present Live at Five. but how nice to get Anna and Viv for 3 hours at once…..

#19791 Reply

Kelly
    Participant

Allan King is on 20:00 – 00:00, if there is no male presenter for Live at Five he often does a double shift, he has not done that this time though.

#19792 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Viv and Anjali are on together today on the mid-morning/mid-afternoon shift

Girl power again! The spice girls would be proud!

#19793 Reply

lee1990hathaway
    Participant

And again this morning Emma and Juilette Errington were on sunrise!

#19794 Reply

lee1990hathaway
    Participant

Allan King has just broke the chain… …

Lee

#19795 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Who has been presenting the weather and the sports? I bet it was a woman!

So presumably Juliette Errington and Anjali Rao are no longer graveyard shift presenters?

#19796 Reply

lee1990hathaway
    Participant

Charlie Thomas was doing the sport on Sunrise Jo wheeler with the weather

Lee

#19797 Reply

DDP
    Participant

Anjali was doing the overnight shift on Wednesday I think. Or Thursday? <_ <

One of ’em anyway

…and oh…my…god! Someone purlease tell Juliet to get a haircut. Reminds me of that really bad hairdo that Jennifer Lopez had at the Academy Awards one year :rolleyes:

#19798 Reply

hamishnewhouse
    Participant

I think this girl power has taken over in the Newsroom is due to the fact that all Sky News’s heavy weights have buggered of to the US! Ian Woods must feel that his patch has been overtaken by the infidels from over the pond……..poor Ian.

#19799 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Talking of girl power, where is Karin Giannone these days? Is she on much? I haven’t seen her on for a few weeks at least. Any idea where she’s been hiding anyone? <_<

#19800 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

More than a few weeks? I’d say more than a few months would paint a better picture.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Girl Power – Again
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register