Glasgow Airport Attack

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Glasgow Airport Attack

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lone 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #34942 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Eyewitnesses on Sky News are saying that a Jeep has been driven into a terminal at Glasgow Airport.

Emma Crosby presenting alone at the moment on Sky News. Mark White in Milbank.

#34943 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Peter Sissions breaking the news on N24. Helen Boaden is at Glasgow Airport via the phone.

#34944 Reply

scottish
    Participant

Johnnie wrote:Eyewitnesses on Sky News are saying that a Jeep has been driven into a terminal at Glasgow Airport.

Emma Crosby presenting alone at the moment on Sky News. Mark White in Milbank.

Alan King now presenting with Emma Crosby.

#34945 Reply

scottish
    Participant

All the news channels now referring to this incident as an attempted terrorist attack.

News was broken shortly before 4pm on BBC News 24 by Peter Sissons and on Sky News by Emma Crosby.

The BBC had Helen Boaden (Director of News) and Lorna Gordon live from Glasgow Airport, with Rona Dougall and James Matthews there for Sky.

#34946 Reply

Lone
    Participant

In addition to News24 and Sky, CNN and Fox have continous coverage of this story at present. However, France24, Russia Today and AJI are all following normal scheduling and haven’t interrupted any of their normal programming.

#34947 Reply

irxin
    Participant

Disagree with Lone yet again, sorry. AJ were covering Glasgow, the had live feed from the airport with their own presenter – a young lady well wrapped up against the Scottish weather. I caught it just after the Strythclyde news conference as she said that she had not seen it.

#34948 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Colin Brazier presenting live from Glasgow this afternoon.

#34949 Reply

scottish
    Participant

Bill Turnbull and Chris Eakin have been at Glasgow Airport today for BBC News 24.

#34950 Reply

Lone
    Participant

irxin wrote:Disagree with Lone yet again, sorry. AJ were covering Glasgow, the had live feed from the airport with their own presenter – a young lady well wrapped up against the Scottish weather. I caught it just after the Strythclyde news conference as she said that she had not seen it.

I never said AJI didn’t cover it, I said that AJI, along with RT and F24, didn’t do what the other four (Sky, BBC, CNN & Fox) did and that was to have most of the news hours (or indeed all of it) dominated by the Glasgow story. Last night AJI had it at the top of their headlines but after five mins they continued on with other stories, and none of their other regular programmes were interrupted either.

#34951 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Both David Bowden and Ian Woods are in Glasgow.

Bill Hemmer (FOX NEWS) was presenting America?s Newsroom from London today. Amy Kellogg was at Paddington Green.

Where is the Fox News Bureau/Studio in London?

#34952 Reply

Lone
    Participant

I remember briefly on the weekend they did have a female correspondant report from Haymarket, and they did mention a Fox News Bureau in London. However, I’m not sure that’s necessary since the majority of times when there’s breaking news from the UK, they just use the Sky News feed, as has been the case with this latest story.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Glasgow Airport Attack
Your information: