Graham Miller

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Graham Miller

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Steven 13 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Steven
    Participant
    #17635 Reply

Steven
    Participant

So Graham Miller was presenting the sports news this afternoon. The guy is a legend. I remember him from the ITN Saturday Evening News, doing all the sports round ups – albeit not that long ago. Fantastic. He does have an authority and really sounds the part. Although he doesn’t quite look the same. I hope he does a bit more of the presenting.

#17636 Reply

Easty
    Participant

he left ITV to become a Freelancer. I cannot see him being used too much – only when they are a reporter down

#17637 Reply

kev667
    Participant

yep, legend.

It’s the first time I’ve seen him too, he looked really happy to be there & was really giving a performance! as far as sports presenters can do.

If I’m bored with Sky, I tend to skip the whole of the hour from 14mins past till about 37mins past.. u get at least 4 ad breaks, the sport, the weather, headlines 3 times, business roundup sometimes?, all this unimportant rubbish takes over 20 mins before they look at top story in more detail or do a live interview with someone about it. Even then it’s only 8mins till 45mins past – headlines – then ad break. Back at :49 or :50, some other rubbish stories about elephants climbing trees to roundup and giggle over and then Ads again at :56 till TOTH.

My point is that I actually watched the sport last nite, for once, with Graham.

My other point is that it’s only when breaking news happens and they have to adjust their headlines/adverts/sport/ads/weather/ads/headlines?/business/ads/headlines strict cyclical regime – that I enjoy SkyNews much more.. anyone else with similar feelings?

#17638 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Hmm, I whole heartedly agree Kevin. It comes down to that old gem. Prime time programming. During the day time that type of format is fine because most people will only ‘dip in’ to the channel. But it is very boring all of the time. I don’t think that I actually watch anymore than 30 minutes at a time, unless there is something special going on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Graham Miller
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register