Gr?inne Seoige

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Gr?inne Seoige

This topic contains 48 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  newshound_ie 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #29036 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Gr?inne Seoige is doing Wednesday mornings overnight.

#29037 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

ImageImage

From the last couple of minutes.

#29038 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

Why is she doing the overnight does anyone know? Does this mean a move to sky news in london in the future?

#29039 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

sky.dub wrote:Why is she doing the overnight does anyone know? Does this mean a move to sky news in london in the future?

There were rumours that she would join the London team of presenters, but they were rumours that were put to rest straight away.

Who presented Sky News Ireland this week?

#29040 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I couldn’t see the image in sonny’s post. Any chance you could try again?

cheers,

ian

#29041 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

Johnnie wrote:(sky.dub @ Feb 1 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]13159[/snapback]

Why is she doing the overnight does anyone know? Does this mean a move to sky news in london in the future?

There were rumours that she would join the London team of presenters, but they were rumours that were put to rest straight away.

The rumours were put to rest straight away…Explain!

#29042 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

sky.dub wrote:(Johnnie @ Feb 1 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]13160[/snapback]

(sky.dub @ Feb 1 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]13159[/snapback]

The rumours were put to rest straight away…Explain!

The rumours were untrue.

#29043 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

Ray Kennedy presented yesterday’s and today’s Sky News Ireland bulletins.

#29044 Reply

newshound_ie
    Participant

I would not read too much into the fact that Gr?inne presented overnight. At this point it’s getting hard to name people who have not. There’s somebody different every night.

Brian Daly (SNI) has already presented overnight and SNI reporters have covered GB based stories for broadcast outside of Sky News Ireland bulletins. An example being the coverage of the explosions at the oil depot in Hemel Hempstead in December.

Makes sense to have cross-over of staff. This has to help staff achieve continuity on output originating brom both sides of the Irish sea.

#29045 Reply

Musey
    Participant

i don’t know much about her and was impresed when i saw her the other night. she comes across as quite imposing and authoratitive as well as sexy if i might add! still cant say her name though…

#29046 Reply

Musey
    Participant

and here’s a short clip from the overnight shift as well…

http://rapidshare.de/files/12389693/CH086_…rainne.mpg.html

#29047 Reply

newshound_ie
    Participant

Gr?inne Seoige – say it like Graw-nya Show-iga

#29048 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Interesting article in last nights Evening Herald. From what I can recall Gr?inne is to present with Chris & Gillian from 9-midnight and then it mentioned her presenting with Eamonn Holmes on sunrise. Was a bit vague to be honest. Will check article and update post.

#29049 Reply

stephen from kerry
    Participant

She is one of the best newsreaders in ireland. I supsect she will end up in london at some point. An ambitious lady. Good luck to her Any more pics

#29050 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

She is one of the best newsreaders in ireland. I supsect she will end up in london at some point. An ambitious lady.

Probably the best (and prettiest) newsreader in Ireland. Yeah, I think it is only a matter of time before Gr?inne Seoige makes it over to London as well. Still, we don’t mind sharing our lovely ladies with the rest of the Sky News watching public do we? So the more we see of Gr?inne on the mainstream Sky News, the better!

#29051 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

Gr?inne’s on the overnight again tonight/this morning!

#29052 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

Report from today’s Irish Sunday Independant

Grainne shows she’s ready for TV’s global big-time
    LARISSA NOLAN

NEWSGIRL Grainne Seoige made her first appearance on Sky News’ global service last week – though it was on the station’s graveyard shift.

Grainne, 32, debuted without fanfare on a slot with one of the station’s lowest viewership figures.

Few Irish viewers tuned in for her first broadcast, which went out in the early hours of Saturday morning, a time when most people are either out or asleep.

The ambitious newsreader, from Spiddal, Co Galway, had long denied that she had any aspirations of graduating to the big league.

But, with a new short, slick haircut and wearing an Alexander McQueen-style black and white wide-collared suit, she made her inaugural bulletin, delivered in her distinctive gentle west of Ireland tones. Grainne can currently be seen on the station from midnight to 6am.

She has joined the likes of Kay Burley and Jeremy Thompson at the station’s West London HQ having been the main face of Sky Ireland since May 2004.

Grainne will not be stuck in the graveyard shift for long and sources say she will soon move to the prime 9pm-to-12pm slot shortly. There are plans for her to appear on the high-rating news show Sunrise with Eamonn Holmes.

She is working in both the UK and Ireland for the next six weeks, but says she is not planning a full-time move to Britain.

And even though she is now a star on a news service that goes across the world, the mother-of-one insists she will never get a big head.

When she first joined Sky News Ireland she told the Sunday Independent: “There is no chance of me getting too big for my boots, my mother, sister and husband would be very quick to point it out to me if I started to change.”

#29053 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

tippguy wrote:Grainne will not be stuck in the graveyard shift for long and sources say she will soon move to the prime 9pm-to-12pm slot shortly. There are plans for her to appear on the high-rating news show Sunrise with Eamonn Holmes.

9pm to 12pm – That’s a long shift. but seriously, Does that mean Sky News ‘Today AM’ or ‘Tonight’ ?

#29054 Reply

carmel
    Participant

It would seem Larissa Nolan from the Independent has not done her research very well saying Saturday morning was her first appearance. Is she more interested in being bitchy than writing about Grainne doing well. How long is Grainne going to be in the UK? I have read 2 weeks, 6 weeks. Who is right?

#29055 Reply

newshound_ie
    Participant

12pm is what’s printed in the original article. However, I assume it should have been 12am (midnight), therefore, ‘Sky News Tonight’.

If this is not a permanent move for Gr?inne (as per report), is it just to cover leave for other anchors at news centre?

#29056 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

She has a deep voice for a woman , i think her gruff style of talking and the heavy irish accent only add to this. I find it wearing and hard to listen to for any length of time.

#29057 Reply

stephen from kerry
    Participant

good luck to her

#29058 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

tippguy wrote:Report from today’s Irish Sunday Independant

…But, with a new short, slick haircut and wearing an Alexander McQueen-style black and white wide-collared suit, she made her inaugural bulletin, delivered in her distinctive gentle west of Ireland tones. …

Am I missing something? In the caps at the top of this thread she clearly has long hair, tied back. (Thanks for reposting the pics, BTW.) She isn’t wearing a black and white suit either, so presumably they’re from a different bulletin, but has she really had her hair cut short now? If she has, can anyone post caps of her new style?

Cheers,

Ian.

#29059 Reply

newshound_ie
    Participant

She hasn’t cut her hair, and she wore black both times I saw her this past week. The ‘Indo’ as usual isn’t quite sure of it’s facts!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
Reply To: Gr?inne Seoige
Your information: