Grainne Seoige Quits Sky News

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Grainne Seoige Quits Sky News

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Steven 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #30019 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

BreakingNews.ie+–>(BreakingNews.ie)
    Grainne Seoige is to leave Sky News Ireland, it was announced this afternoon.

The anchor, who has fronted the channel’s Irish news service since 2004 is to join RTE.

The national broadcaster has announced that the former TG4, Nuacht and TV3 broadcaster is to front a new afternoon daytime show.

#30020 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

Seoige – Set to host daytime show on RT?

05 May 2006
    Presenter Gr?inne Seoige set to join RT?
    RT? Television has announced that Gr?inne Seoige will be joining the station this autumn, to host a daytime show.

From October onwards, Seoige will host a late afternoon television show on RT?, with the format of the show still to be decided.

Speaking about the move, Seoige said: “I have had two great years working with Sky News Ireland and it was fantastic to have been involved in the launch of its Irish service.”

“I am now really looking forward to working in daytime television at RT?, which will be a very different and exciting new role for me.”

Clare Duignan, Director of Programmes, RT? Television, said: “RT? Television is delighted to welcome a broadcaster of Gr?inne’s professionalism, profile and talent to our stable.”

“We are greatly looking forward to working with her on a brand new five-day-a-week daytime show for late afternoon for autumn.”

She also said: “We will be inviting independent production companies to offer expressions of interest to produce this new show – geared around Gr?inne as presenter – over the next two weeks and we expect to go into pre-production this summer.”

Prior to her role as a news anchor on Sky News Ireland, Seoige presented news bulletins on TV3 and TG4.

She will be appearing on ‘Tubridy Tonight’ tomorrow night to talk about the move.

#30021 Reply

stephen from kerry
    Participant

good luck to her, that’s sky news ireland gone down the pan

#30022 Reply

ULdude
    Participant

Hey Stephen, are you really that keen for a load of Irish people, working for a successful and strong British company, to be without jobs? I’d hate to see anyone who tries their best left without a wage! Your TV licence doesn’t pay for Sky News and I wonder which channel you think most people end up watching when there’s a large Irish or International story?
    Best of luck to Gr?inne, she’s more than capable!

#30023 Reply

newshound_ie
    Participant

Gr?inne still doing tonights bulletins – wonder when her last night will be?
    Also who will become the ‘regular’ presenter, Ray or Brian and will Sky recruit a third?

#30024 Reply

Pete19
    Participant

Orla Heron would be great for Sky News Ireland!

She used to present Scotland Today before moving Sky and came a long way in such a short time!

#30025 Reply

stephen from kerry
    Participant

Pete19 wrote:Orla Heron would be great for Sky News Ireland!

She used to present Scotland Today before moving Sky and came a long way in such a short time!

Saw grainne last night on RTE. She looked cool and best of luck to HER. Big loss for sky

#30026 Reply

newshound_ie
    Participant

I believe Gr?inne left Sky News Ireland on Friday last. Does anyone know if she presented that night? Did she mention it was her last day?

#30027 Reply

Steven
    Participant

So any news on the permanent replacement?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Grainne Seoige Quits Sky News
Your information: