Happy birthday, Ian Paisley!

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Happy birthday, Ian Paisley!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stevo 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jk80
    Participant
    #29794 Reply

jk80
    Participant

Is Ian Paisley really a figure of such national importance that his upcoming 80th warrants a package, especially at the business end of the bulletin? A rapt nation is told that his party will be alcohol-free because he’s a teetotal and that he never makes a decision without consulting his beloved Eileen! Ahh! Thrilling stuff, obviously, but would it be my choice? Never!

#29795 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

Is Ian Paisley really a figure of such national importance that his upcoming 80th warrants a package, especially at the business end of the bulletin? A rapt nation is told that his party will be alcohol-free because he’s a teetotal and that he never makes a decision without consulting his beloved Eileen! Ahh! Thrilling stuff, obviously, but would it be my choice? Never!

It wouldn’t be my choice either! But Ian Paisley certainly is a high profile figure and reaching 80 for any public figure of any importance, is definitely a milestone which should be acknowledged. He certainly has packed a lot in to his 80 years anyway. So Happy Birthday to the old git!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Happy birthday, Ian Paisley!
Your information: